The Colorado School of Mines Foundation seeks an analytical and creative digital guru to join the marketing communications team. The digital marketing specialist will develop, design, implement and analyze a brand-consistent and unified digital strategy for donor and alumni engagement and advancement to include web platforms, email marketing and mobile technologies. Reports to the senior director of marketing communications. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Colorado School of Mines Foundation is the official gift-receiving agency for the Colorado School of Mines – a public research university devoted to engineering and applied science with special expertise in the development and stewardship of the Earth’s natural resources.
Our Mission Statement: The Colorado School of Mines Foundation advances the university’s mission by raising and managing funds and by facilitating engagement with Mines. We match the university needs with donor passions and interests. That translates into our objectives:
Our values of respect, integrity, mutual support and service are not just stated but exhibited daily in our activities and practices.
We are looking for individuals to be a critical part of a high-performing, fun team, working in beautiful Golden, Colorado on the university’s campus to advance one of the nation’s leading STEM universities.
Job Purpose: Analyze, develop, design, and implement a brand-consistent and unified digital strategy for prospect, donor and alumni engagement and advancement to include email marketing, web platforms and mobile technologies. Reports to the senior director of marketing communications.
· Establish a coordinated web communications plan that advances development and alumni affinity strategies. Optimize desktop and mobile navigation and content to deliver on promises of the sites and prompt users to take desired actions.
· Serve as lead administrator of the foundation and alumni web presence and content management system, including basic HTML programming to enhance user experience.
· Project management of the integration and conversion to a new single web platform including navigation design and content migration and creation.
· Provide web direction and training, enforce editorial and graphic standards and advise staff on how to best reinforce institutional brand across digital platforms.
· Produce web-optimized content, including copy and graphics, fact-check, edit and proofread digital assets to ensure accuracy and consistent formatting and style.
· Advise staff in management of foundation staff and board WordPress blog sites for internal communication, sharing, news and resources.
· Research and deploy new digital marketing tools for email and other communication vehicles; monitor the industry to keep abreast of the latest trends especially as they relate to fundraising, alumni engagement and higher education.
· Assist staff in employing strategies with segmentation, content and design testing to improve opens, clicks and conversions for email and e-newsletters.
· Develop email and e-news templates and graphics for use by staff managing email communications.
· Collaborate with Mines campus communications office to convey consistent messaging and integrate the online presence through all digital marketing communications efforts.
· Assist with planning social media and advertising campaigns and posts on the alumni channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to advance engagement and support for Mines among all constituents.
· Manage digital marketing analytics for foundation including Google Analytics and an engagement scoring tool to measure and drive digital success.
· Assist organization with researching and implementing a project management system to improve communication and collaboration within the foundation, campus partners and vendors.
· Use Adobe Creative Suite to design graphics, e-headers, banners and infographics and edit photos as needed for all things digital.
· Advise and assist crowdfunding and day of giving manager with marketing platforms and campaigns.
· Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks and special projects as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of three to five years of experience in web development and digital marketing.
· Fund raising or higher education experience a preference.
· Significant experience with Google Analytics and WordPress or similar content management system.
· Skilled in basic HTML programming, CSS and iModules experience a preference.
· Proficiency in content creation, writing and editing, and demonstrated knowledge of AP style.
· Experience managing online content and social media marketing.
· Project management experience; Office 365 experience preferred.
· Basic proficiency and creativity with Adobe Creative Suite software and digital design tools.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to navigate through database systems and Excel.
· Ability to promote effective working relationships to accomplish objectives and build team support.
· Excellent customer service skills; sets high standards and seeks ways to improve service.
· Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate complex and/or sensitive data.
· High organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to analyze problems using logic and initiative to reach solutions and make sound decisions.
· Experience planning and carrying out projects to meet objectives and deadlines.
· Embody the CSMF core values: mutual support, integrity, respect, service.
Colorado School of Mines Foundation, Inc. is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education and experience.