- Collaboratively develops digital marketing and communications strategy that raises public awareness of Community Food Share and hunger issues; increases donations of funds, food, and time; and supports all departments.
- Studies the objectives, promotional practices, and needs of the organization in order to help develop strategies that will influence public opinion and further the mission of the organization.
- Collaboratively maintains Community Food Share’s brand, promoting standardized communications and ensuring organization-wide adherence to the brand guide.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills to meet rapidly changing standards and best practices in digital marketing.
Writing and Content Creation
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications to develop creative concepts and themes for use across all communications.
- Writes narratives, coordinates photography, and facilitates graphic design for all digital channels, under direction of the Director of Communications.
- Sources stories and quotes by conducting interviews with program participants, donors, volunteers, community partners, and staff.
- Works with other departments to support and meet their marketing and communications needs while ensuring digital media content is always up to date.
- Manages comprehensive social strategy that meets marketing and communications goals, increases brand exposure, and encourages engagement.
- Creates and publishes content while regularly monitoring and participating in relevant conversations.
- Assists with cause marketing efforts by recommending and executing promotions as approved by the Director of Communications.
- Establishes relationships with social influencers, social media ambassadors, bloggers, etc.
- Keeps current on emerging social media marketing trends and recommends new strategies and innovations.
Website and Email Marketing
- Helps develop and edit HTML content for Community Food Share’s WordPress website, as well as email messages, landing pages, and donation forms in the Luminate Online Marketing software.
- Works with Director of Communications to drive traffic and donor acquisition through digital presence, including search engine optimization, Google Ads, and other strategies.
- Assists in creating and maintaining email campaign and e-newsletter delivery calendars.
- Maintains Community Food Share’s online events calendar.
- Monitors Community Food Share’s profiles and event listings on external websites, updating as needed.
- Coordinates and monitors digital advertising, including social media ads and Google Ads.
- Maintains close working relationships with vendors and agencies as needed.
- Establishes and tracks key engagement metrics for all digital channels, including website, social media, email marketing, Google Ad Grants, and paid advertising.
- Assists in the development of strategic reports and recommendations as necessary.
- Creates, writes, edits, and produces videos as needed.
- Provides photography support as needed.
- Manages photo and video libraries.
- Travel locally in service area may be required, as well as occasional overnight travel for events and conferences.
- May attend offsite events as directed.
Qualifications & Skills
Alignment with Community Food Share’s mission and a compassionate appreciation for hunger issues are essential to the successful performance of all responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or communications is strongly preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least three years in a relevant field of work is strongly preferred.
- Must have the proven ability to direct and execute social media programs and have expertise in social media platforms including: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- The ability to use analytics and data trends to track program growth and identify new opportunities is desired.
- Proficiency with WordPress, including working knowledge of HTML is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, Blackbaud’s Luminate Online Marketing software, and/or experience with photography and videography are a plus.
- A portfolio of digital content and campaigns, as well as writing samples are required for evaluation.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License, and maintain an acceptable MVR.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent copywriting and communications skills are essential, including the ability to write and edit compelling content that is tailored to the target audience and channel.
- Strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills
- Highly defined organizational and time management skills with outstanding ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, often under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills.
- Excellent accountability and follow-through.
- Ability and willingness to use and learn computer programs and software.
- Marketing, communications, and public relations knowledge.
- MS Office Suite including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
For the right person, Community Food Share offers a great benefits package, including
95% employer paid health insurance,
100% employer paid dental insurance, life and disability insurances.
20 paid vacation days per year
9 paid holidays
matched Simple IRA
Pay starts at $19.25/hour
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application acceptance deadline is 5:00 PM MST on Wednesday October 10, 2018.