Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting organization that is always changing and never stale? Can you make strategies real with a conversion-focused mindset and a tenacity for optimization? You can’t stand not knowing and can't help but dig, learn, and figure things out by bringing insights to the team, not reports. Do you have experience with search optimization, keyword strategy, information architecture and know how to interface with content strategy? Are your best friends’ spreadsheets, GA, GTM, and Moz? Please don’t be shy when telling us that you like to watch algorithm updates like a stock in which you just invested $100k. Sound like you? Read on…
This is an exciting time to join the Marketing team at the Museum. We are expanding our staff so we can expand our reach. This is a newly created position – you can build it and make it your own.
This position will oversee all aspects of our digital communications including website, paid search, re-targeting, audience segmentation, search engine optimization, mobile, social media, website traffic reporting and other digital channels. Makes strategic recommendations in support of the Museum’s strategic objective to engage with more and diverse people in ways that are meaningful to them for all digital marketing efforts. In partnership with the internal and external data teams, they will use data to inform strategies for digital marketing & content development aimed at increasing revenue, attendance and engagement.
- Creates and executes a Museum-wide digital strategy supporting the Museum’s goals through digital marketing efforts that drive attendance and revenue goals.
- Brainstorms, strategizes and develops engaging brand voice(s) across digital portfolio.
- Manages social media content calendar in collaboration with content team to plan for paid/organic efforts, sales and fundraising campaigns and other cross-departmental initiatives.
- Actively gathers, analyzes and presents digital brand/competitor insights, industry news and emerging technology.
- Understands, appreciates, and sees the value in data – demographic, behavioral, and psychographics. Works with other colleagues to use data to inform strategies for digital marketing and content.
- Identifies and develops new email opportunities to increase revenue, engagement, and conversions.
- Leads Social Media and Digital Engagement Specialist to develop, manage and distribute effective social media content across multiple channels including but not limited to website, SEO, social media, e-newsletter, Google AdWords, and other digital platforms.
- Drives the creation of content for digital marketing campaigns, including but not limited to e-books, infographics, blogs, landing pages, e-newsletters, and videos.
- Thinks creatively, stays up-to-date on relevant trends in digital marketing, and brings fresh, new ideas to marketing programs.
- Plans and executes e-newsletter programs including strategy, creative direction, and optimization and provide performance reports weekly.
- Manages and coordinates digital campaigns with external agencies and technologies effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in all aspects of digital content strategy development, implementation required.
- 2 years’ experience utilizing data analysis, data mining and analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), reporting tools required.
- Advanced proficiency in and understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. required.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CMS database required.
- Google AdWords certification required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Always takes the approach that a problem can be solved, and that a strategy can be improved.
- Ability to engage your creative brain to write and deal with numbers
- Knows how to communicate clearly and assertively in order to ensure that things get done.
- Craves versatility in their job
- Is a natural leader and is people-centered
- Takes initiative
Perks and Benefits of working at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
Paid vacation and sick time
Free DMNS Family Plus membership plus free admission to all Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) across the country
Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
Free RTD ECO pass
Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
Click here to see our Benefits page!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, February 24, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.