The Corporate Affairs Director for Molson Coors International (MCI) will report to the Chief Legal and Corporate Officers, International, and will provide strategic and tactical communications and public affairs support for the International division.
The role will manage all internal communications, including the development of the communication strategy for the International CEO and Leadership Team, and oversight of all internal communications; external communications including partner communications, PR brand support, and the development of the MCI story for various internal and external stakeholders; and public affairs, including the shaping of GR strategy in key International markets. The role will also shape and execute corporate responsibility initiatives within the business and support the development of a crisis management communication strategy. It will be based in Denver, and some travel may be required on occasion. The ideal candidate must be creative, resourceful, proactive, independent, efficient, work well with executives, and be comfortable balancing multiple projects.
- Develop and execute an executive and employee communications strategy for MCI builds connection, employee engagement and an entrepreneurial culture of breakthrough performance.
- Support the CEO and leadership team in the shaping MCI’s strategic messaging around MCI’s strategic five-year ambition, its focus markets and focus brands.
- Act as key communications advisor to MCI leadership team during major events, developments, crises or organizational change.
- Support communications programs and media relations outreach to launch brands in new markets and build Molson Coors’ profile as a desirable international partner.
- Manage relationships, and related budget, with multiple agencies across MCI’s global markets to protect and promote the corporate and product brands as it relates to PR, government affairs and issues management.
- Supporting global corporate affairs and investor relations in promoting our international growth agenda and progress.
- Develop and implement MCI’s crisis management communications strategy.
- Expand communication support to MCI’s partners to enhance engagement and capability.
- Support MCI legal colleagues in responsible marketing program design and implementation.
- Develop and execute a corporate responsibility agenda for MCI in emerging markets.
- Provide strategic counsel and set strategy around government relations issues that may arise within MCI’s diverse markets.
- Help shape and implement MCI’s regulatory and PR strategic for transformational projects and supply chain innovations (e.g., Project Oasis).
- Help preserve MCI’s freedom to operate in its markets through proactive and reactive public affairs strategies.
- Support the global corporate affairs team on communications activities, particularly around MCBC’s growth agenda.
- Draft executive-level external communications including media statements, presentations and speeches that enhance MCI’s reputation with key stakeholders, specifically in three areas of focus: business strategy, focus markets, focus brands, and corporate responsibility.
- Enhance employee engagement through the use of innovative communication technologies, including podcasts, yammer, blog posts, and playbooks.
- Develop communications materials including press releases, videos, podcasts, yammer chats, key messages, Q&A, and media standby statements.
The Other Qualifications:
- At least 7-10 years of experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Journalism, or English preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and implement integrated communications plans that advance the business objectives of the organization
- A confident, strategic thinker who can provide strategic communications counsel to senior management
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks/initiatives while maintaining emphasis on top priorities
- Ability to lead teams to desired results and to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen and creative thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Crisis management experience
- As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.