We are a unique company whose mission statement is to Live Passionately, Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community, and Honor Place. What distinguishes us from others is that the employees of our company are encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking a trail at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and greatest investment.
The Arts & Culture Liaison position is a part-time regular position for Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) and will primarily include the following responsibilities:
• Coordination and management of existing and future arts and culture initiatives on behalf of ASC. This includes acting as quarterback for interaction with all internal departments and managers, as well as with external vendors and arts organizations to support the initiatives from concept to completion.
• Communication and coordination with ASC ownership for initiatives in which ownership is or wants to be involved.
• Expansion of ASC’s arts and culture partnerships and programs to include more organizations in the Roaring Fork Valley.
• Increasing ASC employees’ exposure to and understanding of arts and culture in the Roaring Fork Valley.
• Work closely with ASC Partner/Owners, Art Agents, Art Public Relations Firms.
• Develop, organize and implement long-term public outreach plans and events throughout the Roaring Fork Valley and Sun Valley, as well as nationally and internationally, to ensure that Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) staff, the local community and our guests are aware of, understand and appreciate ASC arts involvement.
• Coordinate with public relations, marketing, sales, events, planning & development, human resources, product sales & services (ticketing) and sustainability departments to ensure consistent message and efficient, effective use of company resources.
• Work closely on programming and partnerships with the Aspen Art Museum.
• Partner with arts and culture institutions within ASC communities: Aspen Art Museum, Theater Aspen, Aspen Film, Wheeler Opera House, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies, Aspen Institute, Aspen Public Library, Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, Aspen Community Theater, Aspen Historical Society, Red Brick Center for the Rats, Jazz Aspen Snowmass.
Aspen Music Festival, Anderson Ranch, Aspen Writer’s Foundation, Art Base, Snowmass Discovery Center, Carbondale Arts, Carbondale Council on Arts & Humanities, Sun Valley Center for the Arts, ACRA, Snowmass Tourism, Sun Valley Tourism, regional public and private schools.
• Support company and community initiatives and enhance community engagement around arts and culture issues.
• Make contact with key individuals in the arts & culture institutions.
• Identify and understand key areas of need for art within the company.
• Develop, solicit, and implement creative ideas for community engagement. Assist with marketing copy, press releases and social media posts on ASC art initiatives and Art In Unexpected Places messaging.
• Plan and host educational arts and culture events in the community: Niedermayr exhibit opening; Create Your Own Lift Ticket Art events; Lift ticket and wall mural artists’ panel discussions; art book signings, etc.
• Strong program management skills, ability to manage multiple budgets, attention to details, and ability to create and implement new initiatives.
• Extensive experience in cultural arts, event-planning and managing.
• Ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to encourage cooperation from key volunteers, staff and participating members.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Bachelor’s degree in the arts or related field.
• Five years of experience in cultural arts and arts programming experience.
• 70 % of time spent inside.
• 30 % of time spent outside (level/uneven terrain).
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Schedule will vary on a daily basis dependent on business levels. Employee must be available for work on holidays, evenings and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.