IMAGINE. . . .
BEING CONNECTED TO SOMETHING AMAZING!
Douglas County Libraries is searching for a resourceful, HR Director ready to lead our library in the areas of benefits, workforce planning, staff development, staffing strategies, recruitment, compensation, and brand alignment. The HR Director is a valued member of our senior leadership team for strategy and implementation. This is a highly visible role assessing our library’s needs and driving change. The successful candidate will craft, adapt, and implement our strategies toward reading, discovery, and connection.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- An agile leader who is inclusive, democratic and exhibits an openness to ideas and innovations.
- An integrative thinker with a passion for learning, a focus on developing people, and a strong ability to define and communicate a desired vision.
- A risk-taker willing to challenge the status quo, remain calm during stressful times, reflect on their experiences, intentionally place themselves in challenging situations, and does not become defensive when faced with adversity.
- The ability to develop and support a wide range of initiatives and proactively provide leadership and consultation to supporting managers and employees of those groups as well as broad support across the organization.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is required. An active HR certification (SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP) is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant Human Resources management experience is required. Additionally, at least four years of supervisory experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have experience and knowledge of the principles and best practices of Human Resources theories, concepts, principles, practices and administration is required.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Must be able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Must be able to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Starting Salary: $100,000+
Closing date & time: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 – 11:59 p.m. (MT)