Director of Development, Corporate Relations
Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $57,600 – 80,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
For more information on MSU Denver’s compensation structure, please visit https://www.msudenver.edu/hr/compensation/professionalexecutivestaff/compensationstructureandguidelines/
DepartmentCorporate and Foundation Relations
EClass CodeFull Time Professional Staff
As part of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team with MSU Denver‘s University Advancement division, the Director of Development, Corporate Relations, is critical to relationship-building and fundraising success with corporate partners interested in investing in MSU Denver by facilitating, managing, and strengthening those relationships. The Director of Development, Corporate Relations is an exceptional, solutions-oriented professional, responsible for working closely with campus partners (faculty, administrators, development colleagues, and sponsored programs) to build meaningful, holistic relationships with companies toward investment in the University. This position will engage in setting and executing strategy and negotiating meaningful engagement and investment from corporations across campus.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate prospects with an aim toward increased philanthropic partnership
- Articulate MSU Denver’s needs, ambitions, and values – including diversity, equity, and inclusion – through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals
- Create an annual plan for each assigned company based on a relationship continuum that includes: key leadership champion(s), cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for holistic engagement including philanthropy, student recruitment, and alumni cultivation
- Structure partnerships with industry that align with university, faculty, and industry needs through collaborative partnerships with faculty and staff across schools and disciplines, in the Classroom to Career Hub, and with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (OSRP)
- Play a key role toward informing a university-wide corporate relations strategy among interdisciplinary teams and Advancement partners
- Meet regularly with directors and executives of assigned companies to gain an understanding of strategic company needs and translate those into actionable workstreams
- Own development and execution of a corporate partner’s program, engaging businesses of all sizes with the University and through financial investment in our mutual success
- Help coordinate tiering criteria for corporate partnerships across the University.
- Organize and manage the proposal processes to corporations in portfolio
- Draft concept papers, case statements, reports, and other materials for corporate engagement
- Work with the Foundation and Advancement Services Team (FAST) to manage appropriate database entries and reporting on corporate engagement
- Prepare campus partners for meetings with external entities, create meeting agendas and facilitate strategy discussions
- Foster a collaborative work environment among interdisciplinary groups of faculty and staff
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with negotiating and writing proposals
- Project management experience, e.g., planning, designing, and carrying out projects/tasks meeting objectives and deadlines
- Exemplary customer service skills: ability to anticipate customers’ needs and respond with creative solutions; ability to utilize these skills with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience working collaboratively across departmental or divisional boundaries in a complex organizational setting
Successful applicants will ensure their resumes clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they meet all required qualifications.
- A strong commitment to MSU Denver’s mission and values
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use innovative research by connecting corporate sector interests with opportunities in a complex organization
- Proven ability to problem-solve and adapt to rapidly changing situations and successfully manage multiple complex projects from start to finish
- Proven experience in relationship management including but not limited to proposal development, donor stewardship, donor engagement tracking, mapping, and closing private support transactions at or above $25,000
This position will be hybrid with a combination of on campus and remote work.
Closing InstructionsOpen Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)11/05/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
“References” refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and our prospective teammates are our highest priority and as an institution, we are required to have proof of vaccination on file for all employees.
MSU Denver is requiring all employees to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or to submit an exemption and be subject to following the Covid-19 safety protocols. As an employee of MSU Denver, an exemption or lack of proof of vaccination will require you to submit to weekly Covid-19 testing starting the week of August 23, 2021.
Additionally, all institutions on campus are requiring that masks be worn indoors regardless of your vaccinations status.
Talent Team Representative Kate Ray
Talent Team Representative E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).