Mi Casa Resource Center (MCRC) is seeking a development leader with a proven track record of progressive success creating and executing fund development efforts for a variety of organizations or initiatives. This senior development and communication professional will create MCRC’s overall development strategy, oversee development and communication staff and contractors, implement special campaigns, and work closely with MCRC’s CEO, Leadership Team, donors and Board of Directors on a comprehensive development strategy to increase overall revenue and successfully manage Mi Casa’s reputation and brand. The Director of Development will leverage Mi Casa’s strong impact, history, and reputation as a leader to maximize community support.
- Works with MCRC’s CEO to oversee all MCRC’s fundraising initiatives to meet its $3.9M budget.
- Works with MCRC’s CEO, Board of Directors, program leaders, donors, and development team to create and execute a comprehensive development strategy.
- Ensures the agency meets or exceeds revenue goals in all areas of funding: individual donors, grants, events and corporate partnership.
- Manages donor portfolio of individual donors, major donors, and corporate partners.
- Utilizes best practices in donor research and development, generate cultivation and stewardship strategies for donors and prospects.
- Oversees grant writing, prospect research and reporting.
- Oversees corporate sponsorships.
- Works closely with program leaders to develop and evaluate revenue generation strategies based on a variety of program opportunities and model.
- Oversees sponsorship, logistics and budgets for all fundraising events, in collaboration with the Development team and MCRC staff.
- Ensures that agency fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) is effectively optimized, updated, and maintained by Development team and other staff members.
Leadership & Independent Judgment
- Engage professionally with donors, staff, peers, partners, Board of Directors and community leaders of all levels and backgrounds.
- Demonstrates independent discretion and evaluation skills to support change and improvement to areas of responsibility or the organization overall.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, coaching and professional development of staff in development and fundraising.
- Ability to model leadership, engage, inspire, and empower a team of development and communication professionals.
- Participates on MCRC’s Leadership Team and helps guide organizational culture and strategy.
- Supports Board of Directors in fundraising activities, especially prospect generation.
- Develops and establishes processes and reviews, updates as needed.
Communications & Community Relations
- Develops a communications strategy that supports MCRC’s fundraising efforts, organizational needs, and program marketing.
- Leverages relationships to increase community support for MCRC’s efforts.
- Represents MCRC and the CEO in the community as needed.
- Develops, manages, and regularly reports on the Development Department’s strategic plan.
- Develops and manages Development Department annual budget and tracks revenue and expenditures for all required reporting.
- Contributes to organizational team effort by attending staff meetings and serving on internal committees.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, nonprofit management, PR/Communications, marketing, or related field.
- A Minimum of 8 years of experience in fundraising and/ or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a team, including supporting the professional development of staff.
- Demonstrated success growing revenue and managing development programs at other nonprofits.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge donor software preferred.
- Familiarity with a sales-focused fundraising model is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, good motor vehicle record and valid auto insurance.
- Outstanding strategic thinking and planning
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to inspire and empower others.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship-development skills
- Creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Experience managing budgets and projections
- Donor database management experience
- Skilled at delegating tasks and managing up, when needed
MCRC provides a comprehensive benefits plan including employer sponsored medical, dental and vision benefits, employer paid Life Insurance and disability benefits, paid vacation, 15 paid holidays and a retirement plan match.