Director of Finance – Housing Authority
We are looking for a candidate who wishes to assist us in growing and moving forward as we strive to create more affordable housing in the Littleton area. This position oversees, plans, organizes, monitors, and directs activities and staff in the areas of financial planning & analysis and budget & accounting. The Director of Finance supervises accounting and finance staff, oversees budget preparation, internal controls, financial analysis, managerial financial reporting, cost benefit analysis and auditing as mandated and regulated by State and Federal Governments. Oversees financial management of grant funding, (i.e. CDBG, HOME, Capital Fund, etc.), Housing Choice Voucher program, Public Housing, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC).
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Provides status of financial condition of the organization by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data to Executive Director, department heads, and Housing Authority Board.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements by researching existing and new legislation/regulations, consulting with outside advisers, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
· Arranges and leads audits as required and appropriate.
· Provides strategic planning advice for long-term growth.
· Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
· Develops effective financial strategies for the organization.
· Manages, hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively.
· Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Generous benefits package / flexible schedules
Drug screen and background check are required.
For more information on our organization visit our website: www.smho.co