Director of Marketing & Communications
The Director of Marketing & Communications for eTown will be responsible for building both audience and awareness for the full range of products, events and content created by the team at eTown. Those include the nationally syndicated radio program, Podcast, YouTube channel, concerts and community events held at the solar-powered eTown Hall in downtown Boulder.
As a strategist and team leader, you will set the tone for how the eTown brand is conveyed across physical and digital platforms. You should have experience across all marketing touch points and in directing teams to successfully use tools like email, marketing automation and other content management systems. You must demonstrate a passion for marketing innovation, team building and brand building. This is a full-time position.
- Lead the development and execution of eTown’s marketing voice via targeted marketing campaigns across all platforms
- Lead the creation of targeted, relevant customer engagement strategies driving brand and product awareness
- Manage community involvement with local media outlets and radio stations, press release timing and publishing, and provide support for all social media collaboration
- Station relations: maintain communication with our existing radio stations around the country and identify new station prospects or supervise station relations contractor
- Oversee the writing of all creative briefs and management of the creative process for eTown’s newsletter and PR campaigns
- Facilitate general marketing tasks, including collateral creation, building and sending emails, creating online and digital ads, researching trends, product management and campaign support
- Research prospects and bring in eTown sponsors at all levels including national advertisers. Maintain ongoing communication with all sponsors
- Manage, update and develop content for eTown.org (WordPress) and social media channels
- Maintain all social media channels; engage the social media community with targeted campaigns geared towards expanding eTown’s audience
- Develop and present digital media analytics monthly / weekly
- Represent eTown with integrity and enthusiasm in the community at special events, industry gatherings and more
- Marketing professional with at least 3 years of experience in marketing and brand management, with a solid understanding of the digital space, marketing automation, content marketing, revenue generation, SEO/SEM and social media practices
- A team player with a strong desire for effective collaboration across the company
- A proven track record of digital marketing, social media, and content creation/curation
- Results-oriented, high-energy self-starter with great interpersonal skills – including training and presentation abilities
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management competencies
- Can embrace new technology, new ideas, processes and possibilities while maintaining a clear sense of goals and objectives
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Ability to motivate staff, problem solve, lead, delegate, follow up, deal with uncomfortable situations with tact and confidence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Square, Eventbrite, WordPress and Squarespace
- Experience in the natural foods, broadcast media, outdoor or related industries
- College diploma in a related field (marketing, communication, business, etc.)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with desired position (ie. “Director of Marketing & Communications”) in subject line for more information. Positions open until filled. Start date: April 1st.
eTown is a non-profit, nationally syndicated radio broadcast/podcast, multimedia and events production company. Our mission is to educate, entertain and inspire a diverse audience through music and conversation in order to create a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable world.
eTown is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.