Supports development of annual PR & Communication plan to synchronize with Division-developed paid media plan for the hospital/market. Drives our community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community. Develops organic content (written, web, video) via tight connectivity with key service line leaders and physicians. Leverages this content to create dynamic materials, messaging, events and forums that will positively engage the community to choose this facility. Measures success of all activities in order to refine and adjust as needed. Operates smoothly in a fast-paced, high-intensity matrix environment.
• Serves as an advisor and team member for all marketing, public relations and communications activities.
• Provides outstanding and timely customer service. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with facility administration, directors, staff, and physicians
• Plans and implements budget for PR and community involvement programs.
• Manages to local discretionary budget.
• Identifies high impact use of budget dollars to reach strategically targeted demographics.
• Collaborates with Division marketing to develop parallel advertising and direct mail plan, to be executed at the Division. Guides Division team on latest developments, launches, advances and needs for this plan to ensure constant calibration and relevance of the activities.
• Collaborates with service line, department, sales, physician offices, HCA Physician Services and operations leaders.
Earned Media Plan Execution:
• Develops and aligns annual PR & Communication plans with Division-developed paid media plan for the hospital/market. Proactively interacts with media representative to obtain placement of hospital-related news stories.
• Supports development and implementation of the strategic PR and Communications plan to meet organizational needs and support primary hospital business goals. This will include earned media, social media, web, e-news, email, video, internal communication, collateral, events and sponsorships. Executes plan and measures ROI of all activities.
• Seeks out hospital or PSG care stories to drive positive perception of our facilities, programs and people via media relations and social media. Places proactive, positive media stories, and manages reactive or crisis communications needs.
• Maintains positive working relationships with local reporters, editors and feature writers who cover business, health care and other relevant topics to promote TMCA programs, services and personnel. Responds in a timely manner to media requests.
• Develops placements (locally, regionally and nationally) of new stories related to hospital services, programs, personnel and accomplishments.
• Researches, writes and edits press releases and media alerts and formulates the content, timing and manner of releases in compliance with HCA policies.
Customer Problem Resolution:
• Consistently monitors comments and reviews in order to provide timely response to positive engagements and speedy service recovery for negative comments/reviews.
• Leverages Binary Fountain reporting and Reputation Management tools and processes to continuously elevate ratings and reputation for the facilities.
Managing Public Relations & Communications
• Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various "clients" (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information.
• Understands internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations that impact the marketing environment. Ensures adherence of marketing activities and web properties to these policies.
• Manages crisis communications and serves as an on-call public information representative.
• Works with the AVP to determine appropriate media spokesperson for hospital events and news stories.
• Serves as lead communicator for strategic messaging to internal audiences: colleagues, volunteers, physicians, etc.
• With support from our Division Team, develops materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web.
• Manages social media and digital communities via regular, active posts and information sharing.
• Manages online business listings.
• Drives community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community.
• Identifies meaningful health care related community activities in the hospital’s defined service area that complement the organization’s goals. Develops and coordinates events and programs in coordination with Division and hospital goals.
• Plans, promotes, and holds special events designed to raise awareness of the submarket’s capabilities and strengths.
• Researches, develops and manages new programs / initiatives for hospital’s community involvement.
- 5-7 years experience required.
- 3 years of leadership
- Bachelors Degree Required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.