Colorado Concern is hiring a Director of Operations to oversee the day-to-day business operations of the organization and is responsible for implementing operational best practices for office management, human resource functions, financial processes and communications. Under the direction of the President & CEO, the Director helps develop and implement public policy and outreach strategies and manages external communications.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Oversee the financial processes of the organization, including handling appropriate federal and state filings, invoicing and invoice payment, vendor contract oversight, and annual budgeting. Advises on financial planning, including cost controls, budgeting, cash flow, and management of financial accounts.
2. Serve as organization’s human resource officer; manage benefit administration for all employees. Implement best practices for organizational functions and update policies and manuals as needed.
3. Manage administrative staff. Assist in vendor selection, oversee and manage vendor contracts, and help maintain and manage vendor relationships.
4. Develop and manage new member research, development and retention strategies.
5. Assist in the development of program content for membership events, improve engagement opportunities for members, and monitor effectiveness of membership events and outreach.
6. Provide support for Board of Directors meetings, Board committee meetings and work groups.
7. Prepare and implement strategic communications and outreach plans. Draft communications content and determine modes of dissemination for outreach with members and external parties to support activities and goals. Develop and launch digital strategies to mobilize audiences to engage in Colorado Concern strategic objectives. Manage social and traditional media platforms to ensure effective communications based on reaching Colorado Concern objectives.
8. Assist in media relations management and maximize media opportunities. Provide quality control to any public materials, interactions, and communications. Ensure opportunities for earned media are fully vetted.
9. Monitor and engage in key local issues that impact the Colorado business environment.
10. Monitor the development of local ballot issues and help CEO develop strategies to support the advancement of Colorado Concern’s strategic objectives.
11. Assist in the development of policy and external policy communications with primary focus at the local level.
12. Represent organization at functions, including conferences, fundraisers, and other public and business events in absence of President & CEO.
A minimum of ten years of related professional experience is required and a bachelor’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate must possess experience:
- In managing an office
- In preparing and adhering to an organizational budget
- In navigating complex political environments
- Developing and implementing communication strategies in the digital and traditional media spaces
Salary and Benefits
This job is full time.
Starting Salary is commensurate with experience.
Competitive benefits include:
- Paid vacation;
- Flextime/Remote work;
- 5% 401 K match;
- A competitive health, vision and dental plan;
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability plans; and
- Performance bonuses awarded for exceptional performance.
Colorado Concern provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.