Say Allo is committed to growing our team during these extraordinary and uncertain times. We have adapted to working remotely, which has extended to our hiring process to conduct all interviews virtually.
We are looking for a dynamic communications professional with a strong understanding of the media ecosystem, and a strong background in Public Relations and Consumer Communications.
This candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and tell the story of Say Allo as a company, product and brand, reporting directly to the executive team.
This person should have a passion for the Say Allo brand, and must be an independent thinker and a self-starter with the ability to manage several projects at once with a high level of detail. Of particular interest are candidates with a background in technology, entertainment or lifestyle sectors, and those who are used to working in an environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to think globally. Also, of interest are candidates who have experience developing communications strategies for a young, consumer-focused brand, and a strong roledex of media contacts!
This position is located in our Denver, CO office.
As Director of Public Relations, you will:
- Act as a media relations expert and leader within the team, working to tell the Say Allo story across a wide array of media verticals,
- Foster and maintain top media relationships to support message pull-through and own storytelling for the brand,
- Keep in consistent contact with reporters to convert them into Say Allo friendlies / insiders,
- Travel in-market where top media are based to maintain in-person relationships and facilitate / staff media desk-side tours,
- Secure media attendance and coverage around events and activations to extend reach,
- Develop media strategies that will be executed both internally and externally through future agency partners,
- Create compelling materials that will support earned coverage conversion across verticals, including press releases, media pitches, spokesperson quotes, key messaging and briefing / background documents,
- Work with multiple business units to create compelling stories, including research & insights, business development, marketing and social media, content and influencer marketing,
- Serve as a company spokesperson,
- Support all media relations verticals at Say Allo, including consumer, corporate, issues management, product and executive thought leadership.
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 7-10 years of experience in Public Relations or Consumer Communications, in lifestyle, tech or entertainment sector,
- Strong roledex of relationships and contacts with US and Canadian media across a wide array of verticals (broadcast, print, online, etc.) and able to build relationships with new contacts,
- Be adept at corporate reputation and issues management,
- Has a strong bias-to-action, adept and agile on changing course and getting things done on short timeframes,
- Has knowledge of how to manage budgets,
- Knows how to successfully manage an agency, including writing strategic briefs/memos,
- Strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent writer/communicator,
- Passionate about communications and about consumer empowerment,
- A positive can-do attitude about maintaining a leadership position for the company,
- Be a succinct communicator in a 'hands on' role, detailed and highly-organized,
- Have a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field.
*This position is open to US residents only.
If you are open-minded, creative and resourceful, you come through in a pinch and are excited to work in a startup environment to help define and evolve Say Allo’s voice and brand, we want to work with you! If you’re this person, please send your resume and cover letter explaining your potential impact on Say Allo, and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.