About Bonfire Collective
Bonfire Collective partners with outdoor brands to help them reimagine the future, build movements, and grow explosively. Our team of brand and story experts develop visionary insights, strategies, content, and marketing campaigns that guide and inspire.
We work exclusively with mission-based and forward-thinking organizations that are positively impacting the future of recreation and conservation. Our clients include national non-profits like the American Mountain Guides Association and the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE), as well as outdoor brands who are shifting industry paradigms, like Ibex and Rocky Talkie. We also work with guide services, ski areas, conservation organizations, and other adventure- and experience-driven brands.
Our little team is rock solid. We:
- Play hard. We recharge our creativity by skiing volcanoes, scaling desert towers, and going on long mountain runs.
- Work hard. We relentlessly innovate, execute, and make life better for our clients.
- Care hard. Personally and as a team, we volunteer with conservation nonprofits. We also give to environmental causes as a 1% for the Planet member business.
Summary of Position
We’ve never hired a Director of Strategy before—this is a big and exciting step for our small organization. This person will manage the Bonfire team and oversee strategy for our clients. Think one part managing director, one part account director, and one part brand strategist.
We seek: An adventurous and enthusiastic leader to manage our growing startup. A strategist and creative who prioritizes the outdoors, conservation, and the environment. A smart worker with a knack for seeing the future. A hard worker with a white-hot passion for problem-solving. A manager who cultivates meaningful and lasting relationships with peers and clients. An inspirational creative who’s hellbent on changing the world for the better.
Yeah, we know this is a lot, and we’re not stopping our search till we find this amazing human.
Bonfire Collective is based in downtown Golden, Colorado. We have a desk all set up for you in our new office that’s a block from Clear Creek and surrounded by trails. We will also consider a partial remote set-up for the right candidate.
Salary & Benefits
$70,000–$80,000 annual base depending on experience, plus performance bonuses. Full-time. Exempt. Six weeks paid time off annually. We are a startup and do not offer other employment benefits at this time.
Founder / CEO
Our Ideal Candidate Must Be…
- A black belt marketing strategist
- Capable of managing a team or stepping in to guide a project
- Client-minded with a keen brand eye and relentless pursuit of the exceptional
- A creative director or visually driven person versed in design and content
- Enthusiastic to solve messy situations when necessary, no matter the hour or day
- Amped about the Bonfire mission and inspired to oversee and grow the brand
Bonus Points If You’re…
- An intelligent, creative, inquisitive, solutions-oriented thinker
- A confident risk-taker who’s excited about working in a small start-up environment
- Well connected in the outdoor industry and up to date on industry news and trends
- A strong verbal and written communicator; fearless communicating with execs
- Able to make decisions quickly and intelligently—and own and resolve mistakes
- Hyper-organized with a mind for systems and processes
- Stoked to design and facilitate strategic sessions internally and for clients
- Proficient in a Google environment and aware of the latest collaborative software/tools
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to say “no” when that is better for our team, our clients, or our business
- Excited to support thought leadership and business development efforts
- Bolstered by 5+ years in a leadership role at a consulting firm or creative agency
- Seasoned with 5+ years managing a remote team
- Experienced in working with both for-profit and nonprofit organizations
- Constantly improving and willing to incorporate feedback into your work
- A great team player and fun person to have around the office or campfire
Expected Responsibilities Include…
- Staffing, goal-setting, managing, and supporting Bonfire employees and contractors
- Overseeing client stoke, satisfaction, and retention
- Building brand strategies and executing other strategic/creative projects
- Ensuring all client deliverables are on brand, on time, on budget, and top notch
- Advancing Bonfire’s strategic objectives
Sound Good? Here’s How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bonfire Director of Strategy” in the subject line. Include the following:
- Your resume
- A very short story, told in whatever format you want, that convinces us to speak with you
- Your location and contact information
- Optional: A portfolio or sample of your past work (website or PDF preferred)
Position open until filled.