Voqal is a collaboration of five nonprofit organizations that work at the intersection of media and technology to advance social equity. Voqal envisions a socially equitable and just world with an empowered, well-informed public actively engaged in a thriving democracy.
We are currently looking for a Director of Telecommunications Strategy to join our dynamic, growing team.
The Telecommunications Strategy Director will work with and assist the Voqal President regarding telecommunications subject matter expertise and how it relates to the Voqal Companies. Including but not limited to: telecom technology, telecom policy, spectrum values, administration of telecom contracts, and strategy.
Requirements: BA/BS and/or related industry certification. Master’s degree preferred. Required skills and knowledge: public policy effecting telecommunications, telecommunications industry knowledge, FCC knowledge, public speaking and presentation skills, contract analysis and negotiation skills, research skills, and strong relationship-building skills.
5-8 years’ professional leadership experience within a telecommunications environment, in such areas as:
• FCC regulatory analysis and advocacy
• Industry analysis
• Project and/or program development and management
• Strategic planning job.
• Compliance oversight
• Administering contracts
• Successfully working across teams to strengthen mission, vision, and values
• Work to advance the public interest
Responsibilities: Work with and assist the Voqal President in carrying out the following responsibilities:
• Keeping up to date with developments in the telecommunications industry in general and Sprint in particular
• Staying informed of and participating in regulatory proceedings affecting the Educational Broadband Service (EBS) and other public services uses of spectrum
• Awareness around regulatory matters affecting public service, including such topics as the FCC’s lifeline and E-rate programs; participate as indicated
• Work with pertinent industry associations
• Serving as a source of strategic ideas to the boards and Voqal employees
The salary for this position is $84K. Voqal also offers a very generous benefits package including: partially paid medical coverage for employees and dependents, partially paid dental and vision, paid LTD, STD, and AD&D. Paid vacation, sick, holidays, and personal time. Retirement program including profit sharing and 401K plans and match.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change. EOE.