The Director, Product Marketing will possess a detailed knowledge of the product/service, have a strong pulse of market competitors and trends, and define the solution-specific marketing roadmap and plan. S/he will create product-specific content and messaging that is leveraged in awareness/outreach, collaterals, marketing campaigns, digital communications, and sales enablement. S/he will effectively communicate, in written form and via public speaking, our competitive differentiators and value propositions. S/he will drive analyst relations and influence the actual market influencers. S/he will drive effective product launches or re-launches.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Stay current on the marketplace, i.e., trends, competitors, and economies. Create content and messaging that drives awareness, high-quality leads, and internal enablement.
- Build or refine product-specific messaging and positioning for use in collaterals, campaigns, social and digital communications, advertising, etc. Works with marketing team to create branded, professional marketing deliverables for use in digital and printed venues and team with marketing colleagues to ensure key messages are translated into effective awareness and lead generation initiatives.
- Work closely with leading analyst firms to confirm market dynamics and to brief them on our performance results and new initiatives.
- Work with global sales and marketing resources to ensure proper localization of marketing deliverables and to adequately equip international sales personnel.
- Maintain a continuous pulse on sales pipeline opportunities, delivering new content that helps shorten sales cycles and ups win/loss ratios.
- Support events as a top subject matter expert. Convincingly translate our solutions into differentiating benefits based on the audience/role.
- Customer Case Studies – Reference Program
- Keen working knowledge of Oracle or SAP software products and technologies, with understanding of features and associated customer benefits.
- High-level knowledge of how individual marketing disciplines (PR, events, digital marketing, lead generation, sales enablement, etc.) work together and how they are best integrated to drive sales and business objectives.
- Knowledge of critical marketing KPIs and basic understanding of how they influence the business.
- Self-starter, high-energy level, promoter, and good executor.
- Can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can work with sales and regional marketers to build high-quality lead generation campaigns, select the proper target audience, execute campaigns, and measure campaign results.
- Exceptional writing and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrable skill to influence industry analysts.
Experience & Education:
At least 10 years of B2B product marketing experience with Oracle and/or SAP on-premise and cloud software applications with general familiarity concerning ongoing support and managed services for those applications. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, technology, or equivalent discipline.