Program: COMMSCOVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space(opens in new window)
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
What does this role look like?
Are you a natural storyteller? Do you want to tell stories that are “out of this world”? We’re looking for a motivated communications professional to join the Enterprise Communications Team supporting our Lockheed Martin Space business area. This Employee Communications Content Coordinator and Editor should be skilled at collaborating with team members – from a variety of disciplines. They should also be excited about developing impactful, compelling narratives that support Space’s strategy and business transformation.
Reporting to the Manager of Employee Communications, this position is part of the Lockheed Martin Space Enterprise Communications team and is responsible for managing employee-focused content across multiple internal communications channels. This communicator will serve as editor of the internal website (insideLM), digital signage network, and other communication channels at Lockheed Martin Space, partnering with internal stakeholders and other communicators across the Lockheed Martin enterprise to achieve collective goals.
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
• Serve as content coordinator and editor of Lockheed Martin Space’s internal communications channels targeted to employees.
• Create and maintain a comprehensive editorial calendar and content strategy spanning all internal communications channels.
• Develop, coordinate and publish content across a variety of channels in support of integrated communications activities, partnering with our team of communicators as needed.
• Track and report metrics, trends, and key insights on the team’s executed communications.
• Support other duties as assigned to help the integrated team meet its communications objectives.
Although this position does support some teleworking; the preferred candidate will be located near a major Lockheed Martin Space facility: Space Coast, FL(opens in new window), Denver, CO(opens in new window), Rocket City USA : Huntsville, AL(opens in new window),
OR Sunnyvale, CA(opens in new window) and be expected to work in the office as needed and as appropriate.
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
• 3+ years of experience in a communications role, with strong writing and editing ability, including application of AP style.
To be successful, ideally, you should also have:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, such as journalism, marketing, English, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 years of professional experience with a related Masters's degree.
• Ability to create and execute strategic communications plans that support business objectives.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under deadline pressure with employees at all levels.
• Must understand the broad range of tools, processes, and practices of internal communications.
• Quick study with an attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
• A strong sense of follow-up and closure.
• Ability to manage multiple, widely varied assignments.
• Experience developing, writing, and managing content for internal communications channels.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management.
• Candidate must be enthusiastic, organized, and results-oriented.
• A track record of collaborating with diverse stakeholders on communications projects.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s business.
• Prefer a communications generalist with a broad range of experience in a variety of communications disciplines
PLEASE NOTE-Other important information:
• By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities, within Lockheed Martin, where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match.
• Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Benefits of Employment:
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes
At Space we value your skills, training, and education. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee… join us to experience your future!Clearance Level: NoneOther Important Information You Should KnowExpression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $72,400 – $120,600 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday offLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced Professional