This is an entry level position into the world of Event Management. Wings will provide training to the right person in order to achieve the expectations in the following areas:
Events: The Corporate Sales and Events Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of event solicitation, execution and outcome. Responsibilities include event planning, logistics, customer service and issue resolution, client communication, event-day management, staffing, vendor communication and coordination, accounts receivable and contract management and after-event follow up and feedback.
Sales: The Corporate Sales and Events Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of Wings’ event rental sales initiative and reaching and exceeding budget objectives. Responsibilities include setting goals for weekly, monthly event rental sales. Responsibilities also include calling and emailing all rental inquiries within 24hrs, scheduling new site visits and follow up and contracting new rentals.
Wings’ Public Event: The Corporate Sales and Events Coordinator will be assigned to assist with Wings’ internal events such as; Hangar Dance, Hops, Hauntings, Star Wars, Speaker Series, etc. Responsibilities include; event logistics, event-day management, staffing, vendor, event sponsors volunteer communication for Wings" public and private events.
- Maintain integrity of client/event database.
- Generate client estimates and work orders.
- Manage accounts receivable and contract deadlines.
- Assist with tracking deposits and final payments required from client.
- Create comprehensive event outline and timeline.
- Create & maintain CAD drawings & internal/external distribution list.
- Provide clients with necessary pre and post-event correspondence.
- Contact all vendors, detail vendor information and manage load-in scheduling and coordination.
- Staffing and scheduling of event staff, to include event operations crew, contract labor and cleaning team.
- Facilitate pre and post-event production meeting to execute successful and well detailed events.
- Prioritize and maintain event calendar.
- Build client relationships to ensure repeat business, and professionally coordinated events.
- Ability to analyze client needs, staying on budget or up-selling amenities and décor.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Corporate Events to provide proposals and estimates.
- Cold calling to develop new relationships.
- Research possible expansion of event possibilities.
Day-of-Event – Operations
- Direct and coordinate all day-of-event staff and vendors including but not limited to: event operations staff, maintenance staff, and outside vendors (entertainment, décor, audio visual, fire fighters, security, floral, etc.)
- Confirm day of staffing.
- Effectively communicate between client and staff to execute the event.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the day of activities, including:
- personnel, catering staff and vendors
- deliveries, load-in and set up
- managing event needs and specifications as needed
- Ability to work weekends and nights and all scheduled corporate and Wings events.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills:
- Proactive approach to problem solving, marketing and the success of Wings’ Mission
- Communicate and operate in a calm, professional and polished demeanor with a diverse range of clients (corporate and social), as well as Wings’ staff and volunteers
- Exceptional phone presence and email communications required
- Solution-driven, with skills to anticipate client needs
- Organized, self-motivated and must possess the ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Excellent computer skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience:
- Event services industry experience or education is a plus.
- Ability to spend long/extended periods of time on feet
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Quick reactor and ability to direct attendees as mapped out in emergency plan
Additional Requirement Information: Individual must be an organized, detail-oriented, problem-solving professional…a polished events leader to plan all details of events, including timeline, audio visual details, design recommendation, maintain and manage client data base, vendor relations, creation and maintenance of Event Orders, schedule and lead client meetings, tours, room/table layout, and to truly anticipate the specific needs of clients.
Working Conditions: Wings is an air and space museum and operates in a 70-year-old aircraft hangar. Environmental conditions may vary. Works hours will vary week to week depending on scheduled events. Weekend and holiday hours will be required.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note the job title in the subject line of your email.