Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
Discounted tickets for your friends & family
Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Events and Partnerships Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of all Resort Lifestyle Events in support of Winter Park Resorts’ overall event and marketing strategy. You’ll also be responsible for the execution of marketing deliverables for our partners and sponsors. The dynamic candidate must be a problem-solver, with a high level of organization skills and ability to take initiative. The position will report directly to the Events and Partnerships Associate Manager in the Marketing Department.
The primary responsibility of the Events and Partnerships Coordinator is to assist the Events and Partnerships Associate Manager in building events and executing brand partnerships that add value, increase brand awareness, increase brand familiarity, drive incremental guest visits, increase ancillary revenue, and ensure efficient use of staff, resources, and facilities. In addition, the Events and Partnerships Coordinator will assist in building the Resort’s event portfolio to be an industry standard of well-known highly executed events. The best candidate must work well under pressure and tight deadlines as well as be available to work weekends, holidays, and longer shifts to ensure event success.
- Coordinate all logistics related to the planning and execution of events, including: event set up and break down, event layout, budget management, and onsite logistics (i.e., event staff, site inspections, operation plans, registration and check-in management, permit requests, communications to Resort Operations staff, coordination with third-party clients, vendors, etc.)
- Assist in the execution of all resort events – including but not limited to – brand signature events, festivals, live musical performances, themed activations, Resort Village animations, and experiential activations.
- Coordinate the implementation of brand partner deliverables. Including but not limited to, event activations, business unit promotions, signage, social media inclusions, and digital placements.
- Create reports on brand partnerships and resort events to communicate successes to internal and external parties.
- Facilitate smooth transitions between normal resort operations and event operations to minimize event impact on the guest experience.
- Act as stage manager and talent liaison as needed for certain events.
- Assist in booking entertainment/performing acts for events and working with internal teams to develop contracts.
- Coordinate and execute Mascot appearances as needed.
- Ability to conceptualize and ideate new event and partnership offerings that will help elevate and evolve the Resorts’ event and partnerships portfolio in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Pull necessary permits and abide by County and State requirements.
- Submit partner and vendor requests for lodging and comp tickets.
- Assist in scheduling and communicating responsibilities to part-time event staff. Oversee part-time staff at events to ensure execution of responsibilities.
- Assist in maintaining budgets, including invoice management, reporting, and entering expenses.
- Maintain and update calendar of all events and vendor database.
- Work with the Digital team to ensure the website and all media outlets are updated with current event details.
- Collaborate with Resort partners to maximize their involvement, keeping in mind and working towards both parties’ overall goals.
- Build strong relationships with vendors and industry experts.
- Work effectively with the internal Marketing team to ensure the event promotion plan is executed.
- Collaborate with Brand Design Manager to order and design event promotional assets.
- Procure and regularly assess event asset inventory.
- Organize and maintain event asset storage.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
As mentioned above, this position will interact with (and indirectly may supervise some staff within) Marketing, Sales, Lodging, Food & Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Competition Center, Mountain Operations, Terrain Park Staff, Guest Services Staff, and Corporate and Promotional Partners, General Counsel, Risk Management, the Winter Park Fraser Chamber of Commerce and The Village at Winter Park. Indirect supervision relates to the management and coordination of all elements of events, sponsorships, and promotions.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Self-starter who is eager to come up with event, activation, and partnership ideas, able to set goals and priorities, and operate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Problem solver that has a solution-based mindset.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work efficiently and meet clear deadlines.
- Creative thinker who keeps a pulse on current event, brand activation, and consumer trends to create relevant activations.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and keen attention to detail.
- A real passion for live events, entertainment, and creating exceptionally unique events.
- Able to think quickly and is nimble enough to change direction as needed.
- Must be a team player with the willingness to learn new skills, bring energy to the team, and thrive independently as well as with the larger group.
- Can build effective relationships across teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Able to balance multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent communication in written, verbal, and creative formats.
- Knowledge of live event industry standards.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in events management, marketing, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience assisting in event production required.
- Proven experience planning, and promoting small-to-mid scale events or animation programming required.
- Understanding of events planning/operations; a pulse on current trends as well as an ability to keep events relevant and fresh required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; high proficiency in Excel required.
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain lifestyle.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay range: $20 – $24/hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but will require outside and on-mountain work from during vendor meetings, on event days, and at other times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
- Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require regular travel; however, from time to time, travel to industry events and other locations may be required.
- Hours: This position will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.