Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Beaver Creek Resort Company (BCRC) events will perpetuate the vision of Beaver Creek Resort being the number one luxury family resort in the world. This will be accomplished through offering rarefied experiences to guests through world class and engaging events, activities, and animations in Beaver Creek Village, during both peak and off peak season.
The primary responsibility of the Events Manager is to oversee and execute events, entertainment and attractions as assigned by the Director of Events and Sponsorship. In support of the Beaver Creek position as a luxury family resort, the Events Manager will oversee the Resort’s signature events, including but not limited to Birds of Prey Way, Talons Challenge, Beaver Creek Rodeo Series, plus conceptualize new and unique offerings as needed.
The manager will coordinate all efforts with other Beaver Creek departments, third-party vendors, volunteers, other team members, government and quasi-government entities, other resort businesses and community groups. Objectives for each event will be clearly defined and success will be measured by accomplishment of these objectives as well as feedback from guests, other team members, event surveys, supervisors and stakeholders.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the planning and execution of Beaver Creek’s special events, entertainment, and activities both off and on mountain during both peak season and off peak season as assigned by Director of Events and Sponsorship, with specific focus on family-friendly offerings
- Oversee and maintain event objectives, documents, punch lists, budgets and timelines, event books for historical reference
- Clear and effective communication with all other Beaver Creek departments, third-party vendors, volunteers, other team members, government and quasi-government entities, other resort businesses and community groups
- Schedule and lead planning meetings with all involved parties and stakeholders
- Overall management (or effective delegation of management) of all support staff needed to execute event
- Maintain compliance with state and local zoning regulations, liquor laws and health department regulations
- Coordinate participation of venues and lodging properties restaurants and chefs as needed
- Assist with marketing efforts in concert with BCRC, BC Marketing, and BC PR
- Assist in general office tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher – required
- Previous marketing and special events experience – required
- Previous experience working with luxury brand/product and production of large-scale festivals and family friendly events – preferred
- Outstanding work ethic. Must be willing to work late and odd hours, weekends and holiday
- Must be able to work manual labor and work through the elements (rain, snow or shine)
- Leadership and good judgment. We are looking for someone who is capable of leading a diverse group of people to a common end result
- Excellent teamwork skills. As indicated, the successful Events Manager must be able to create a team out of a diverse group of people and motivate these people to give their very best to the common goal. Developing camaraderie, rapport and respect are key
- Excellent organization skills. Being detail oriented and very organized is essential to the success of any event. Our events are very multifaceted, and the event organizers must have every aspect planned well in advance as well as maintain ability to be nimble
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.