Position: Executive Assistant to the CEO (Exempt/Salaried)
Who We Are
We are the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), a non-profit association. Our mission is to provide veterinary professionals with resources to deliver the best in companion animal care and effectively manage their business. AAHA is respected internationally for our dedication to medical quality standards, professional development, and quality education programs.
Why Work For Us
- Our team consists of industry experts and animal lovers who are dedicated to fulfilling our vision of leading the profession in providing the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving the standard of care.
- We are fully committed to the growth and development of each of our team members and offer competitive pay and benefits.
- If you’re looking to make a difference in pet-loving communities across the country and become a part of a national association that positively impacts the lives of pets and their owners, we would like to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Assist the CEO in all matters of Association administration and BOD and other governance support activities.
- Work with the CEO and Deputy CEO on coordination and completion of projects, preparation of correspondence, documents, reports, and presentations, including making meetings and travel arrangements.
- Collaborate with the AAHA’s Meetings Manager to coordinate preparation for all the board meetings, including communicating logistics and coordination of travel, and maintaining the BOD President’s schedule for the year.
- Attend all meetings of BOD, take and transcribe minutes, and collaborate with CEO, Board President, and legal counsel.
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain Board books, documents, and minutes and regularly update the Sequential List of Motions for the BOD for official and historical purposes.
- Plan the annual Board Orientation Meeting and maintain Board Orientation Manual.
- Responsible for becoming adept and knowledgeable in matters of the Association. Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Who We’re Looking For
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication, and collaboration skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Maintain positive working relationships with leadership and staff
- Excellent internal and external customer service focus and skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities, and ability to and initiate and execute programs for the Association and BOD
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties and recognizing scope of authority
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheet, presentation, and other computer and project management software
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant
Benefits We Offer
- Health/Vision, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Eligibility for 401(k) with company match
- FSA and HSA accounts
- Company-paid life and disability insurance and EAP
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules are available
- Community Service Leave
- Bring your dog (or well-behaved pet) to work
- Staff wellness and social activities
- Casual dress code
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to our team to find out more!
AAHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com