Housing Colorado is a unified voice promoting the preservation and production of quality Affordable
Housing for low and moderate-income Coloradans through statewide education and advocacy to build a strong economy and healthy communities.
Housing Colorado is committed to advancing policies that reverse the legacy of racism and discrimination in the housing industry. We seek to dismantle systems and barriers that prevent people of color and marginalized individuals’ access to thriving, inclusive communities.
WHAT WE DO
Housing Colorado is a comprehensive industry association that is dedicated to serving professionals who design, develop and increase support for Affordable Housing in Colorado. The organization serves its 700+ member community through advocacy, a large annual conference, other periodic educational or networking events and promoting the production and preservation of quality Affordable Housing.
Housing Colorado works to create a dedicated, sustainable revenue stream for Affordable Housing.
Areas of Responsibility
This position serves the Board of Directors and membership community to accomplish identified strategic goals for Housing Colorado. The President/Executive Director is the face of Housing Colorado and is responsible for overall leadership, management and strategic planning of our association. This position leads and manages a staff of 3 and is responsible for financial reporting and performance.
Engaged legislatively, the President/Executive Director will advance the agenda of Housing Colorado, enhance and communicate the value proposition of and maintain our strength in membership. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for generating revenue through partnerships, memberships and sponsorships and providing oversight to all public relations efforts that seek to raise awareness and support of Affordable Housing in the state of Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In conjunction and collaboration with the Board of Directors:
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic plans and day-to-day operations for Housing Colorado
- Successfully navigates Colorado’s political environment to include meeting with various stakeholders, builds relationships and bipartisan support
- Represents Housing Colorado professionally in local and statewide events through speaking, serving on committees and presenting information sessions
- Communicates Housing Colorado’s position on key policy issues to members, legislators, stakeholders and the media, including testifying before legislative committees
- Serves as an advocate for and further develops and sustains sponsor relationships
- Oversees and manages staff planning and execution of annual conference and Eagle Awards dinner; leads and convenes other high-quality networking and educational events
- Leads volunteer committee’s work participation and effective outcome achievements
- Responsible for financial planning and stewardship, including forecasting and setting goals; develops the annual budget and ensures it is funded through appropriate channels to include partnerships, memberships and sponsorships
- Effectively leads and manages a staff of 3 with a focus on hiring, developing and retaining high quality professionals
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HOUSING COLORADO
- Commitment to improving Affordable Housing opportunities for people in Colorado
- Excellent internal and external communications skills to be the spokesperson and face of Housing Colorado
- Proven leadership skills to coach and mentor staff and volunteers and work effectively with the Board of Directors and members of the association
- Demonstrated success in revenue generating strategies including sponsorship, membership and non-dues opportunities
- College degree in nonprofit management or equivalent preferred
- Commensurate experience in Affordable Housing or related experience
- Strong policy analysis skills and political judgment
- Affordable Housing experience in Colorado preferred
- Media relations experience
- Personal commitment and passion for Affordable Housing
- Proficient at public speaking and the ability to communicate Housing Colorado’s mission and goals in compelling and effective ways
- Demonstrated track record of donor/sponsor relations management
- Proven effective leadership with Board of Directors and staff; ability to build consensus among diverse constituencies in both the private and public sectors
- Experience setting and achieving strategic and operational objectives with measurable results
- Demonstrated high degree of business acumen, including strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Minimum salary of 85-115K commensurate with experience
- Health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- HSA employer contribution
- Retirement plan – 403 (b)
How To Apply
DIVERSITY STATEMENT (REQUIRED):
In 300 words or less, please include in your application a statement telling us: (1) What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) means to you. (2) What have you done to exhibit it in your personal and/or professional life? (3) Why is DEI important to you and why is it worth the challenges and obstacles it presents in doing the work? Please do not provide information in your Diversity Statement that reveals your race, gender, age, or other protected class.
If you are interested in applying, to the President/Executive Director position, please submit your cover letter, resume and Diversity Statement (ALL THREE ARE REQUIRED to be considered) to:
Dr. Richard DelaCastro