To proceed with your application, please apply directly at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1452779/Douglas-County-Libraries/Facilities-Generalist-II
At Douglas County Libraries, our Facilities team is responsible for maintaining the MAGIC in our libraries! If you have technical and functional skills and want to put your “wizardry” to work, we want to meet you. We’re hiring for a Facilities Generalist II position to perform quality and timely maintenance for all DCL locations, keeping our buildings and spaces welcoming for all.
Your perks and benefits
- Generous time off options
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits
- Awesome culture that’s rewarding and FUN!
What will you be doing?
- Implementing, scheduling, tracking and performing maintenance at the libraries
- Making minor facility repairs, plus preventive and routine equipment maintenance (gotta keep things running!)
- Grounds improvements and upkeep
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
60% Commercial Building Maintenance & Upkeep:
- Implements a broad knowledge of standard practices and procedures of construction trades such as plumbing, HVAC (DDC), electrical, carpentry, painting, and mechanical systems, including materials and tools, and an understanding of applicable code requirements.
- Troubleshoot problems, diagnose situation, identify a course of action, prepare and complete task, and clean-up work area in a courteous and timely manner. Leave surrounding area in better condition than before.
- Serve as a mentor in training and directing Facilities Generalists.
- Practice all safety precautions vital while performing maintenance and when installing electrical and mechanical equipment. Safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades.
- Conduct commercial facilities maintenance, repair and replacement, including painting, patching, minor toilet repair, minor electrical work, lightbulb replacement, furniture repair, key and locks, door hardware, replacing carpet tiles, and other duties.
- Maintain appropriate service and repair records. Ensures that accurate preventative maintenance checklists are kept current.
- Maintain orderly building supplies, equipment parts inventories, chemicals and supplies, and reports reordering needs to the Facilities Supervisor when necessary.
- Serve as an expert to repair and maintain library automated material handling equipment.
- Operates and uses required tools and equipment skillfully and safely.
- Self-direct and accomplish individual work in a timely and productive manner. Demonstrate effective skills in cross-trained job functions and duties. Collaborate with a variety of teams at any DCL location.
- Provides timely on-call, after-hours facility services.
- Creates a positive experience for library patrons by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks; presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications, language, and appearance while performing duties in public and staff areas.
20% Manual Labor:
- Working indoors and outdoors completing large scale tasks in a variety of weather conditions.
- Build and assemble cabinets, shelves, tables, and other types of furniture and fixtures.
- Perform manual labor duties including moving furniture, moving and hauling seasonal collections, landscape and sprinkler repair, snow removal, and other duties. Transport equipment, furniture, and other items between DCL’s facilities as needed.
20% Technical Performance:
- Maintain proficient knowledge and use of computers and Microsoft Office Products. Learn new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed.
- Utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by industry safety standards.
- Practice “Lock-Out Tag-Out” while performing any work on mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Engages in the DCL performance feedback system and completes the expectations outlined by your supervisor and department/division.
Perform other work duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and authentic relationships.
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) is a Colorado PERA Member Employer, so you will be enrolled in Colorado PERA. For details on member benefits go to www.copera.org
Elective DCL benefits include:
- Health Care Plans: medical, dental & vision
- Voluntary Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term, and Long Term Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401k & 457 plans (through CO PERA)
- Legal-ID Shield
Additional DCL benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Illness time off
- Leaves of Absence for Qualifying Events
*Benefits are subject to change
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License, good driving record
- Two years general maintenance experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- DCL or library facilities experience
- Commercial construction experience
A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Abilities: Must have a reliable method of transportation between all DCL locations. Vision is 20/40 or better in either eye with or without corrective lenses, and total combined horizontal field of vision, with both eyes, of at least 120 degrees. Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Handle materials and chemicals safely. Push/pull loads with a force of up to 50 pounds, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work in confined space and at heights up to 30 feet. Must have the ability to safely use manual tools and power tools common in construction trades.