Welcome to the Denver Art Museum, where we believe that art can make a difference in peoples’ lives by celebrating & stimulating creativity and inspiring greater understanding & connection with our world. The DAM aspires to be a beloved anchor in Denver’s cultural & creative ecosystem and a national beacon for the ingenuity & boldness of our community. Are you ready to join a dynamic team of creative, motivated people who are passionate about delivering world-class experiences? If so, please proceed! In turn, the Denver Art Museum delivers competitive wages and benefits in a work environment that promotes excellence and rewards dedication and commitment.
This is a Flex Full Time position which means that this position will average 30 hours per week and is eligible for all Museum benefits including paid time off as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits.
This position ensures the general maintenance and repair of the grounds, buildings and building systems of the Denver Art Museum.
- Performs general plant, grounds and building maintenance.
- Inspects and troubleshoots museum facilities and equipment to determine construction and mechanical installation, maintenance and repair needs.
- Works from blueprints, manuals, written and verbal instruction.
- Estimates materials, labor and equipment costs.
- Purchases and maintains tools and equipment used by the various museum trades.
- Assists with periodic / routine maintenance of the museum’s HVAC systems.
- Understands and operates the computer software used by the department for incident documentation and e-mail communications.
- Observes all established safety program practices and assures all facility contractors do the same.
- Completes event set-ups and change-overs as needed.
- Provides general grounds maintenance including, but not limited to, snow removal, lawn / sprinkler maintenance and the repair and maintenance of fountains, lights and other architectural grounds features as needed to supplement the museum’s grounds maintenance contract.
- Assists the museum’s electrician and alarm technician with low voltage electrical work and maintenance.
- This position will be required to supervise on-call or contract personnel as needed to assure assigned tasks or projects are completed.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of general building maintenance experience or equivalent
Necessary Certifications and Licenses
Possess and maintain a valid Colorado class “R” driver’s license.
Education or Formal Training
- A high school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Knowledge, communication, and application of basic installation, repair and construction methods and equipment.
- Knowledge and skill required to operate power tools, lifts and museum vehicles.
- General knowledge in the use of low voltage diagnostic equipment / techniques.
- General knowledge and experience in carpentry, drywall, plumbing, painting electrical, lighting and roofing.
- Basic understanding of HVAC building systems and their maintenance.
- Ability to understand and efficiently operate basic computer programs as used by the department for documentation and communications.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people including upper museum management, contactors, staff, and volunteers.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- Low voltage diagnostic instruments; basic power/hand tools for construction, installation, repair, and maintenance of the building; basic computer systems operations and use; radio hand set; motor vehicles; ladders scaffolding and scissor lifts.
- Subject to long irregular hours and the use of ladder, power tools, hand tools, and scissor cart; exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards; subject to burns, cuts, and injuries from moving parts of equipment; subject to many interruptions and scheduling conflicts; work in high locations on ladders, scaffolding and scissor lifts, etc.
- Ability to stand; walk; carry; push; climb; balance; kneel; crouch; stoop; reach handle; seize; grasp or otherwise work with hands; fingering, picking, punching or otherwise working with fingers and perform repetitive motions in the performance of all required duties.
- Ability to hear a normal conversation, or radio traffic, in a typical work environment.
- Have eye / hand / foot coordination to adequately perform all required duties.
- Have the ability to see distance and space relationships; the ability to see peripherally; the ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- Able to climb the building stairs, a minimum of 3 floors without stopping. Maximum time allowed is 90 seconds.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs for a minimum of 50 feet.
Mental, Emotional and Language Standards
- Speak, understand, read, and apply the English language.
- Read, understand and apply written procedure and policy.