We are here for life’s journey.
Where is your life journey taking you?
Being the heartbeat of Denver means our heart reflects something bigger than ourselves, something that connects us all:
Humanity in action, Triumph in hardship, Transformation in health.
The Gift Planning Officer works under general supervision with the Director of Philanthropy, the Major Gifts Team, the Annual Giving Manager, the Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Executive Director to develop, launch and implement strategies for the gift planning program. The primary objective of this role is to invest prospective donors in the vision of Denver Health and to develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donor's interests, passions and values and to secure financial investments (current and deferred) as a result of these relationships. The Gift Planning Officer will be responsible for a portfolio of approximately 50-70 major gift donors and gift planning prospects.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 4-6 years nonprofit Major Gift Fundraising required.
- 1-3 years Gift Planning experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of gift planning vehicles as well as nonprofit fundraising principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial goals for major gift fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to persuade others
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Experience with constituent relationship management system
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team