Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
Denver International Airport’s Global Communications, Marketing and Customer Service team is currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join their Team. We are looking for a great project coordinator who will work proactively and constructively with team members to balance demands and priorities that come with the impressive volume of great work the Global Communications and Marketing team is responsible for. The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking, facilitation, reporting and some management of GCM projects and initiatives and should have experience using a project management tool to track projects, resources, budget and deadlines.
Additionally, as a Global Communications and Marketing Project Coordinator you can expect to:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and approval process, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Liaison between SVP and direct reports to ensure SVP is aware of project and initiative progress, challenges and opportunities. Enters projects into workflow program, reviews daily project workflow and provides weekly reports to SVP
- Balances the competing constraints on the project with the resources available on the Global Communications and Marketing teams ensuring that project goals are clearly defined and work production is on schedule and on budget. Coordinates movement of all projects to ensure they stay on track and deadlines are met
- Assists with the execution of tasks such as estimating and allocating resources required, building schedules and assigning resources
- Brings the team together and ensures everyone is aligned, understands their tasks and is able to respectfully remind and encourage others to meet their commitments and deliverables
- Evaluate and assess results of projects looking for opportunities to continuously improve
- Tracks and trends division project performance and analyzes workflow focusing on the voice of the customer and airport strategic objectives
- Manages contracts and associated invoices/billing. Develops and monitors budget spend for teams and provides quarterly reports to division leadership and develops, maintains, and publishes complex custom reports
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs complex problems, typically related to system configurations, integrations, and performance. Consults with users to identify existing system problems then evaluates and recommends various solutions to meet user needs
- Ability to determine level of effort for requested services or changes to existing services. Identifies process improvement opportunities and leads the effort for the improvements
- Document, design, configure, and support new features and integrations.
- Manages special projects and programs from ideation to implementation.
- Proficient in working with vendors to open cases and see the cases through to resolution
Our ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with users both verbally and in written communications. This candidate will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team and ability to guide available resources to self-educate on new technical approaches and best practices, while constructively works with team members to mitigate resource conflicts and proactively solve problems at the team level through big picture understanding, communication and cooperation.
We are looking for a candidate with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Management or Communications and Marketing
- 5 years of related experience
- Prior experience using Wrike or other project/task/time management software
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related field based on a specific position(s)
- Experience: Three (3) years of technical or administrative experience performing research and evaluation OR three years of experience performing technical and administrative duties within the related functional area. (Some positions may require experience in a specific area.)
- Education & Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- Licensure & Certification: None
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CA2307 Administrator I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$61,263.00 – $101,084.00