Do you have experience writing grants for nonprofits or government agencies? Are you passionate
about making a huge difference with many kinds of nonprofits at once? If so, ZIM Consulting is the
place for you.
Who We Are – ZIM Consulting (ZIM) is a woman-owned, Denver-based, consulting firm that specializes in
grant writing and research, development, strategic planning, training and implementation services for
arts, social service, educational, health, cultural and other nonprofit organizations. ZIM is on a growth
trajectory and over the past 10 years has worked with more than 200 nonprofits, the majority of which
are in Colorado. We have also performed projects in 13 states, and with international clients who provide
services in 121 countries around the world. We currently have nine full-time staff and four skilled
Statement of Need – ZIM is growing and is seeking help in implementing our ZIM Grants Management
Program™. We are seeking an energetic, intelligent, and customer service focused person to serve as a
full-time Grant Writer to assist us with new and existing clients. This individual will perform grant writing
activities and duties on behalf of multiple organizations concurrently and will work very closely with these
clients and their staff members.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Conducting in-depth research of potential foundations and funding opportunities for clients. This
includes making recommendations of appropriate funding opportunities.
• Maintaining calendars and records of all potential submitted grants on behalf of clients.
• Writing and submitting LOIs, grant proposals and reports on behalf of multiple clients
• Preparing all necessary documents and attachments for submissions.
• Working with clients to cultivate prospects and develop relationships with key contacts.
• Working with clients to strategically communicate all aspects of an organization, including how the
organization’s impact is portrayed and evaluated, in ways that align with foundations’ giving
• Managing deadlines and reporting requirements of funded grants for clients.
This Person Must Be Able to:
• Work quickly, efficiently and accurately writing grants for multiple organizations.
• Write and edit compelling cases for why foundations should contribute to the organizations.
• Edit grants and documents written by other staff.
• Utilize ZIM’s customized grants database to keep track of all grants and reporting deadlines.
• Work proactively, take initiative, and work well with the team.
• Communicate needs in a timely and forthright manner.
• Maintain a positive attitude and be open to additional duties as necessary or requested.
• Understand budgets and basic nonprofit financial reporting.
• Respond quickly and professionally to emails and phone messages.
• Attend events and meetings as necessary.
• Appear for meetings appropriately dressed and on time, or early, whenever possible.
• Two years of relevant grant writing experience, with a successful track record.
• Ability to interpret complex information into compelling grant request formats and reports.
• Ability to carefully proofread and edit your own work and the work of others.
• Ability to think critically and understand different needs of nonprofits.
• Ability to actively listen to clients and their unique needs.
• Extremely strong attention to detail.
• Understanding of budgets and how to compile them.
• Strong ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with people from diverse cultures and
• Confidence to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to assure confidentiality and discreet handling of all business matters.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite software and internet skills.
• Comfort with the Association of Fundraising Professional’s Code of Ethics.
• Experience and knowledge of, as well as a passion for, nonprofits and making some aspect of the
world a better place.
• Excellent customer-service skills and team-oriented approach.
• Experience in a professional office environment.
• Hours: This is a full-time position with some nights and weekends expected.
• Benefits: Health, dental, vision, and disability. We provide flexible schedules and vacation.
• Evaluation: This position will have on-going evaluation.
• Compensation: Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• Start date: The position will start immediately.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls