Nite Ize Inc, is a growing design, manufacturing, and distribution company that specializes in a wide array of innovative consumer goods products that make our customer’s lives easier, safer, and more fun! Since the company’s founding 28 years ago in Boulder, CO, we have grown to over 200 employees and currently sell 500+ products worldwide that are innovative solutions that help our customers organize, protect, and illuminate!
Places always say they move fast; we move James-Bond-parachuting-onto-a-bullet-train fast. The Creative Services team is looking for a designer who can wrestle a 140-pg catalog through design, reviews, edits and approvals on a 12-wk timeline without breaking a sweat. You actually enjoy finding the inconsistencies and calling them to order. You can take a variety of existing imagery and pull together new and interesting looks to make our current asset pool work for the project at hand. You also have experience directing and styling photo shoots (this is not a big part of the role, but it is helpful experience to bring to the table). Digital experience a plus as we expand our digital reach on the Nite Ize website, social media and partner ecommerce sites.
You are someone who is energized by variety – you won’t be bored here. We have over 600 products across multiple channels and launch an impressive number of innovative products twice a year, so there’s always something new and interesting to work on.
While a fair amount of work begins from design templates and follows our brand guidelines, the designer who will be most successful brings a “Design Eye” to each piece they work on. You are strong in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – in that order. A non-negotiable is solid pre-press skills. You build clean files. You have been on press checks. Preferably you have intermediate retouching skills like being able to change colors on a product for example. You have experience in and/or a high degree of interest in CPG (consumer product goods). You keep up to date on trends. You can take initial direction and run with it and work with feedback from peers, internal clients and the head of Creative.
As the company grows and this department grows, someone who owns their own projects while being a strong dedicated team player is who we are looking for. Someone who can roll with the challenges, take things in stride and be committed to solutions. Someone is open, friendly, ready to dive in and build strong work as part of a merry band of creative misfits.
• Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, high energy, innovative thinking––all a given.
• BA / BS in graphic design or business field
• Creative flair, versatility, conceptual ability and originality
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
• Solid Pre-press skills – bleeds, live areas, layers, varnish plates, etc.
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
• Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work (check your own work/spell check before sending out to our clients)
• Communication skills. Communicate with clients, customers, and other designers to ensure that their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
• Time-management skills. You will work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline. Understanding organization and prioritization is a must.
• Positive demeanor and desire to work cohesively in team environment
• Ability to adapt to ever evolving workflow and tasks
• Creative thinker that addresses challenges with resourceful innovative ideas
• Excellent habits surrounding digital asset management
• Ability to take creative direction and work independently
• Experience in CPG
• Current Portfolio must be included for consideration.