Conceptualize and design brand materials to support and protect the evolution and identity of Scrum Alliance across all platforms. The ideal candidate will approach projects both strategically and tactically, and work collaboratively and cross-functionally to produce exceptional results. The graphic designer will join the Marketing Team and will report to the Senior Graphic Designer.
- Must have at least 3 years of Graphic Design related experience
- Local candidates only
- A project will be given after initial phone interviews to showcase individual’s creativity and different types of work styles. This would then be presented during the in-person interview process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Development and creation of materials based on our brand guidelines
- Project requirements would include; layout alterations, color correction, resizing existing creative, and designing new projects based on existing creative
- Originate layouts using established templates
- Create Web and Print graphics
- Interact with other Departments as necessary to ensure timely, cost effective, production of all materials
- Manages multiple priorities under tight deadlines with the ability to take creative briefs and run with them independently
- Support events team by creating tradeshow graphics, corporate relations brochures, POP displays, trade windows and signage, etc.
- Assist in development and design of AgileVox magazine
- Experienced in rebranding an organization and familiar with the requirements of this type of work
- Image production and/or corrections
Education and Qualifications
- Outstanding creative design skills demonstrated in a portfolio is a must
- Must have knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud. Especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and MAC OS X
- Knowledge of photography a plus
- Demonstrates creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense for branding and integrating visual elements across multiple mediums in print and web
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong attention to detail and making accurate edits
- A wide understanding of current industry trends and techniques will be key
- Strong communication skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- BA or BS degree in relevant field
- Experience practicing Agile and/or Scrum is a plus
- A great communicator, not afraid to raise new ideas and challenge your peers, understanding the importance of constructive criticism and design critique
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the core Scrum values: Courage, Focus, Openness, Respect, and Commitment
- Able to see both the big picture and execute on the detail
- Work productively with a diverse team
- Resourceful and time efficient
- Client-centric, seeing both staff and members as their clients
- Patient with excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive, with a “can do” attitude
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Takes appropriate independent actions; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Resourceful and time efficient
- Quality Management– Monitors own work to ensure quality; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Exhibits openness to others' views and ideas; Listens and asks for clarification when needed; Participates in meetings and in thoughtfully answering questions.
- Adaptability – Able to approach change with patience, resilience, and a willingness to inspect/adapt; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and accepts feedback in a respectful, positive, and productive way; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Work collaboratively and productively with a diverse team, some members of which are virtual. Committed to team and organizational success.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Upholds organizational values.
This is a largely sedentary role so must be able to sit for long periods of time without problems
- Must be able to have repetitive arm, wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to use close vision and able to focus including but not limited to reading/proofing various materials, and looking at a computer screen
The position will require the ability to lift 0-50lbs.
Founded in 2001, SCRUM ALLIANCE® is the largest, most established and influential professional membership and certification organization in the Agile community. SCRUM ALLIANCE® is a nonprofit association with more than 500,000 worldwide. Its vision is to "Transform the World of Work” with a mission to guide and inspire individuals, leaders, and organizations with practices, principles, and values that create workplaces that are joyful, prosperous, and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.scrumalliance.org