Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of all interior and exterior common areas. Assists maintenance staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete Maintenance of lawn which includes, mowing, edging, and weeding lawn as necessary.
• Cleaning of all common areas (Clubhouse) and removal of trash and debris from property
• Snow and Ice removal on all sidewalks and parking areas.
• Planting of flowers and small shrubbery to enhance property beautification.
• Assist Building Maintenance Technician with repairs in the interior and exterior areas, when needed, along with assistance with make readies.
• Ensures facilities are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner that complies with agency standards.
• Responsible for maintaining exceptional building and grounds curb appeal.
• Ensure you building is REAC ready at all times
• Attends meetings and staff development activities as assigned, utilizing a teamwork orientation.
• Participate in the inspection of common areas for hazardous or unsafe conditions, physical damage, or any other form of deterioration, and report those conditions to the supervisor.
• Assist maintenance person with repairs in the interior and exterior areas when needed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Basic knowledge of janitorial cleaning chemicals
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and maintain good relationships with residents, employees and vendors.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• High school diploma or its equivalent.
• At least one of experience in general cleaning and the use of cleaning equipment Experience with general building maintenance preferred.
• Basic knowledge of hand and power tools and their uses.
• At least one year direct experience in building maintenance or trade school certificate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Basic janitorial aptitude.
• Communication and people skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• There will be some work-related travel.
• Ability to stand, bend, squat for extended periods.
• Must be able to use extension ladder to clean as needed.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• This position is a full-time position expected to work Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Expected to work additional hours in preparation for any upcoming REAC inspection at any or all facilities.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton