HR Operations is the backbone of any People Ops team and SendGrid is no exception. This critical role will help us scale our systems and processes as we continue our growth, ensuring high satisfaction with our programs and the services we deliver as a People Ops team. Your work, and the work of your team (currently three direct reports), will ensure our Gridders are served well and receive the support and care they need and deserve. Above all else, being deeply 4H (happy, hungry, humble, & honest) and modeling our values will make your work meaningful and impactful to all those you serve.
The decisions you make in this role have a direct affect on our employees so you need to bring a careful balance of people and analytical skills. You'll drive our HRIS and reporting processes, ensure great administration and compliance on benefits and compensation without creating unnecessary bureaucracy, drive an amazing onboarding experience that is streamlined and efficient, offboard individuals in a way that is supportive and thoughtful, be a liaison for People Ops with payroll as well as other departments, always look to make things easier, and be a more intuitive and better resource for our most important asset, our Gridders. You'll also care passionately about data integrity and accuracy and will proactively audit our procedures, systems and standards, identify gaps, and bring forward strategic and innovative solutions that constantly make us a better People Ops team and a better company.
What You’ll Do
- You'll be a key member of the People Ops leadership team and the driver of effective and efficient HR Operations.
- You'll be an important partner for leaders across the People Ops team, including Learning & Development, Talent Management, and Talent Acquisition in addition to key stakeholders across the SendGrid organization.
- As a high-growth company, change happens daily. You'll be the one that ensures flawless execution, communication, and change management of all our new HR systems and/or processes.
- Participate in development of, and will own the administration of, all aspects of our Total Rewards strategy which includes compensation, benefits, and perks.
- Your strong people skills will be vital as you act as an escalation point for complex people issues and you'll partner well with HR Business Partners on successful resolution.
- Metrics are critical to running our business so you'll track, analyze, and communicate key success metrics on all things people related.
- You’ll drive our technology roadmap, including suggesting and implementing technology enhancements that make things easier, intuitive, and effective.
- As we continue to expand globally, you’ll manage our immigration processes and potential mobility programs. You’ll also partner with outside resources to ensure we meet the needs of our Gridders in every locale while ensuring compliance and simplicity.
- You’re smart and you understand employment law, compliance, and the nuances that are inherent in People Operations.
- You have developed deep knowledge of HR through a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience and although not required, your Hungry H has probably led you to an HR certification.
- You bring at least 8 years in the HR field and have experience managing a small, high performing team.
- You know how to balance a commitment to excellence with timely and effective action.
- You’re an experienced, strong manager who leads with both heart and head. You set a high bar, you love mentoring and helping others grow and develop, and are able to have the right conversations while maintaining high levels of engagement.
- You thrive on change and a fast paced environment, and while you can tolerate ambiguity and uncertainty, you bring clarity and refined processes into a high growth organization.
- You love analytics. Not for the sake of analytics but for the insights and knowledge it brings. You take data and use it to drive great decision making across all of People Ops.
- Your computer skills are awesome, Excel is your go-to tool, and you’re an HR technologist who stays on top of progressive trends and tools that will help us drive excellence and efficiency.
- You’re a strong, effective communicator both in writing and verbally. Your communication skills create clarity of issues, allow for fast decision making, and ensure timely resolution of any operational issues that arise on the People Ops team.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 35 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.