SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable, and utilized. We combine a variety of software tools, an integrated provider network and services to generate the data and capability needed to serve consumers, employers and health systems with high-quality behavioral healthcare.
We have been preparing to bring on our first Head of Marketing and Communications and the opportunity is now here to get on the ground floor of the company that is redesigning behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. Our growing team is comprised of experienced healthcare, technology and product professionals who work very hard and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. We demand healthy debate, but ascribe to a “disagree, but commit” attitude once we make a decision.
The Head of Marketing and Communications (reporting to the CEO) will hold primary responsibility for SonderMind’s patient user growth and must driving engagement, using a data-first approach to decision-making. This senior executive will lead all creative, brand, and communications strategies by establishing and executing a unified plan that addresses the value proposition to all SonderMind stakeholders: providers, clients, partners, media, employers, payers and investors. We expect this valuable leader to be a crucial component of our ultimate success in scaling SonderMind across the country.
Gotta Have This
- 8+ years of marketing leadership experience with a strong record of accomplishment in brand messaging, direct response and consumer acquisition
- Demonstrable experience in developing and optimizing efficient digital marketing campaigns, with deep knowledge of analytical tools and systems to measure campaign efficacy
- Examples of strong leadership and proven ability in implementing process in a way that empowers employees and enables the company to scale
- Prior experience in at least one of the following: consumer-focused healthcare; digital 2-sided marketplaces; healthcare technology
- Experience hiring, motivating, mentoring and retaining top-tier talent in a high-growth environment
- Experience bringing next generation products, services and technologies to market, with an urgency to exceed company and team objectives
- Highly tech-savvy, results-driven and analytical
Nice to Have This
- Demonstrated proven experience in creating compelling copy and communications, along with past experience of successfully working with graphic designers to visually implement the messaging
- Experience in with small teams, startups or early-stage technology companies
- Exposure or experience in PR, particularly with regard to engaging with media and achieving successful placement of unpaid content
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job
- Startup Environment. From our location directly across from Union Station, to an office with a Stormtrooper greeting people entering the office, to brick walls covered by whiteboards, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401k. Excellent employee benefits
- Therapy Benefits. Of course, we encourage our team to engage in proactively maintaining strong behavioral health and offer all employees access to SonderMind therapists
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to Apply
Submit your resume AND cover letter with a compelling reason why you are the right person for this important role.
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.