Healthcare Marketing & Business Development – Specialist or Manager
About the Vanguard Communications team
Since its founding in 1994, Vanguard Communications has built a multi-disciplinary team of experts in medical marketing and practice improvement. To our knowledge, this distinctive blend of disparate fields differentiates us from any other consulting firm in the country. Accordingly, our passionate commitment is to serving as expert practitioners in healthcare, unsurpassed in our body of knowledge.
In this pursuit, we have institutionalized an ongoing culture (and policy) of learning and constant professional education. Our principles emphasize leadership, strategy and detailed execution. Our understanding of what a medical practice needs and what patients want is just part of what makes us measurably different.
Our company was built on teamwork, collaboration and quality work. We’re currently looking for a dedicated marketing and business development professional with the talent, personality, skills and work ethic that will continue to strengthen our growing team. Just as importantly, we look for individuals that will bring their own ideas and creativity to the table – to play a key part in continuing to make Vanguard great.
About the Healthcare Marketing & Business Development Specialist or Manager role
The Marketing & Business Development Manager (MBDM) executes a multi-faceted role as Vanguard’s agency marketing strategy and content manager, key new business builder and support to the client services & PR teams for various client projects such as website and blog writing. The MBDM must be skilled in writing and public relations, marketing strategies, building and managing relationships with potential clients, representing the agency at events, and managing competing priorities and various marketing initiatives. The Marketing & Business Development Manager seeks to help grow the business by managing all agency marketing and new business related duties.
The MBDM must be knowledgeable about Vanguard Communications’ unique selling proposition and be able to communicate the company’s compelling differentiators verbally and in writing to potential clients and agency partners. The MBDM must be able to maintain deadlines, marketing schedules and timely sales follow-up.
The MBDM reports to Vanguard’s Vice President and works closely with the CEO to manage agency marketing tasks, sales and product development. This position is five days a week, requires some travel (usually one to six times per year, during conference season in the Spring and/or Fall) and includes benefits and paid time off.
Qualities of an ideal Marketing & Business Development candidate
- Persistent, go-getter attitude with the ability to build meaningful relationships.
- Exacting attention to detail and proactive analytical thinking.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Deadline-driven multitasking capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Positive customer-service attitude, with ability to work with multiple personality types.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship and desire to learn.
Core required skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an agency marketing/new business representative or PR/marketing manager for an organization.
- Excellent writing skills, including writing for patients and healthcare professionals, knowledge of AP Style, taking copious notes and updating tasks to distill key concepts and initiatives.
- Experience with or ability to learn a task management system and Google Suite online office tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite products.
- Intermediate digital media skills, including familiarity with using a website content management system (CMS) and social media.
- Proven ability to create and maintain good business relationships.
Key duties of Marketing & Business Development Manager include:
- Agency marketing, content development & public relations
- New business development
- Practice consulting and marketing product development
- Client Services and PR healthcare marketing team support
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume using our online form, attention Stephanie Wilson.