The most important thing to know about our team
What's the biggest compliment our people pay Vanguard? There are two, actually. They usually come during exit interviews or a year or two after departure:
"I have never learned as much on any other job. And I have never felt more like a part of a family."
Sure, after nearly three decades in business, we have our detractors among ex-staffers, who move on for a variety or reasons. Nevertheless, we've devoted our best efforts to creating a tightly knit team that forms lasting bonds and – most importantly – to investing in the professional growth of all who pass through our doors.
This is our enduring promise to all: You won't get siloed or bored here.
Since its founding in 1994, Vanguard Communications has recruited a multi-disciplinary team of experts in medical marketing and practice improvement. To our knowledge, this distinctive blend of disparate fields differentiates Vanguard from any other consulting firm in the country. Accordingly, our passionate commitment is to serving as expert healthcare advisors, unsurpassed in knowledge and expertise.
In this pursuit, we have institutionalized an ongoing culture (and policy) of constant professional education. You work here and you will learn. Constantly. Usually at our expense. On the job and in structured in-person and online classes.
Our principles emphasize leadership, strategy and detailed execution. Our understanding of what a medical practice needs and what patients want is just part of what makes us measurably different – built from the ground up on teamwork, collaboration and quality work.
What a Healthcare Marketing Client Services Specialist does
We’re currently looking for an established marketing professional with the talent, personality, skills and work ethic that will continue to strengthen our growing team. Just as importantly, we look for individuals that will bring their own ideas and creativity to the table.
Vanguard Communications provides internet marketing, public relations and patient-education services for outreach to prospective and current patients of specialty medical practices across North America. We deploy a sophisticated mix of internet search marketing, social media marketing, website development, online reputation management, web content development and management, public relations, and online tools for patients and families.
In this context, a Marketing Client Services Specialist (CSS) must be skilled in multiple disciplines, coupling project management and strategy with tactical task execution to successfully manage ever-evolving healthcare marketing communications projects.
The CSS reports to Vanguard’s Vice President and works closely with the CEO, and is responsible for the daily oversight of client projects, website management, SEO, online advertising, design and other production projects, client reporting, client communications, client strategy, teamwork, and acting as the first point of contact for multiple medical clients. A CSS must be able to maintain deadlines, marketing schedules and timely client follow-up.
Full-time position details
This position is five days a week, 80% in-office, 20% remote flexibility (four days in-office, one day work from home/remote per week). Our office is located in the hip RiNo (River North Art) neighborhood of Denver, with free parking behind our building and within a one-block radius. Each employee has a semi-private personal office space and dedicated computer.
Competitive benefits include health insurance coverage (Vanguard pays ~75% of monthly premium), dental (Vanguard pays 100% of premium), and employer-matching retirement fund. Paid time off includes two weeks vacation (with additional time at years 5, 10, etc.), several personal days, paid sick time and nine paid holidays, plus optional/as-needed paid time off including two weeks maternity/paternity leave.
Management provides regular check-ins with your supervisor, annual performance reviews (including peer surveys), detailed growth plans, and ongoing encouraged/required professional development opportunities.
The position also requires occasional travel (usually one or two times per year) to visit new or existing clients.
Salary range for this position (dependent on skill level and years of experience): $55,000 – $70,000 per year.
Qualities of an ideal Healthcare Marketing Client Services Specialist candidate
- Zest for challenge and a can-do drive, with an interest in being part of a fast-moving environment.
- Exacting attention to detail and proactive analytical thinking.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a highly personable work style.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship and desire to learn.
- Willingness and aptitude to rapidly learn new medical and scientific information and speak confidently and in detail about health conditions and treatments on behalf of clients in a variety of specialties.
Core required skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, English, marketing, digital communications, and/or other applicable field.
- Two years to five years minimum experience in marketing, digital media and project management.
- Strong business writing and editing ability and knowledge of AP style and/or the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Intermediate to advanced digital media skills, including experience with one or more of the popular, open-source content management systems (CMS, such as WordPress), graphic design, online advertising, SEO, medical writing and/or social media.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
Bonus skills (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Agency or medical marketing
- Video production and/or editing knowledge and experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume using our online form, attention Stephanie Wilson, Vice President.