The Space Science Institute (SSI) seeks to hire a detail-oriented human resources administrator with an HR generalist background and a strong customer service focus. This position will directly report to the Executive Director along with the Deputy Director and operates as an HR office of one for a multistate employer.
Desired candidate will also possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Access, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Microsoft Office and be a self-starter as well as team player.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in a small, team-oriented, fast paced, fun, scientific and educational working environment. A basic understanding or interest in space and Earth sciences and science education is a plus!
Areas of Responsibility
The successful applicant will be directly responsible for the following anticipated duties:
- Ensuring human resources compliance and maintaining personnel records
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resources records and payroll information in Access and Microsoft Dynamics GP databases as requested.
- File retention and management. Organizes and maintains paperwork flow process for efficiencies, prepares personnel files, files paperwork and documents
- Serves as primary point of contact for employees on any HR related queries, as well as external HR partners and vendors
- Prepares EEO-1, VETS-4212, OSHA, ACA, PCORI, and other federal, state, and local compliance reportingPrepares for audits (e.g., Workers Comp), desk reviews, etc.
- Administers benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance and ancillary benefits plans.
- Conducts benefits orientation, enrollment/de-enrollment (insurance coverage, retirement plan, eco-passes, etc.), and reconciliation
- Recruiting, interviewing, and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants, as well as student, temporary and seasonal appointments.
- Maintains job descriptions for active employees and posts job announcements, reviews resumes, conducts employee verifications, schedules and conducts (as needed) interviews for hiring managers
- Initiates background checks and performs reference checks for interviewees under consideration for employment
- Conducts onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Collaborates with General Counsel and external vendors on international visas and I-9 verification
- Handles employee relations and employee recognition programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience as a Human Resources Professional
- Preference will be given to applicants with PHR, SHRM-CP, or HRCI Certification
- Exceptional skills in communicating clearly, both orally and in writin
- Strong interpersonal and soft skills, e.g., friendliness, positivity, active listening.
- Professional, confident demeanor as well as a high level of discretion and sound judgment
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs
- Ability to work appropriately with highly sensitive and confidential information and follow human resource protocols, policies, procedures and federal compliance
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Access, Microsoft Great Plains 2018 and Microsoft Dynamics GP Advanced Payroll software desired.
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Ability to work well both individually and in collaboration with teams
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt in a fluid environment
The position is with SSI (www.spacescience.org), a non-profit scientific research and education organization, headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. It is a full-time position in a business casual environment with excellent benefits. Rate offered is $52,000 to $65,000 annually, commensurate with appropriate experience.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, and 403(b) retirement plan (after 1 year of service).
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter (detailing relevant past experience), and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted. All resumes received will be held on file for consideration for 12 months from date of receipt. Inquiries from direct applicants only preferred – no recruiters or phone calls please.
Please note SSI is a non-profit, public benefit corporation and operates as an equal opportunity employer. This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.