Provides support in functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to, accurate personnel records, training, Affirmative Action, recruitment and employment, and special projects. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers and maintains general office operations to meet the needs of the Human Resources department. Supports the Vice President Human Resources and other departmental staff, as needed.
1. Delivers exemplary customer service as the first point of contact for the department regarding Human Resources inquiries.
2. Accurately maintains the schedule of the Vice President Human Resources through Microsoft Outlook.
3. Assists in the logistical requirements and related administration functions of the STAR Treatment Employee Recognition program.
4. Processes affiliate paperwork, which may include; educating appropriate personnel regarding required affiliate procedures, data entry of new affiliates, termination of exiting affiliates, assisting with badges/ parking passes, and maintaining and storing all required paperwork.
5. Maintains and audits I-9 files for new hires and terminations.
6. Finalizes new hire paperwork, including related data entry tasks and file creation and maintenance. Maintains the organization's personnel records filing system.
7. Completes employment verifications to authorized entities.
8. Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents in support of the position's daily activities, the VP HR, and as needed, the HR team. May be responsible for and/or assist in the development and administration of spreadsheets, tracking tools, presentations, etc, using sophisticated application software and requiring a high degree of independent functioning.
9. Performs receptionist duties for the Human Resources department, including meeting, seminar, and conference scheduling activities.
10. Maintains financial records, which may include, but not be limited to, processing vouchers, purchase and supply requisitions, expense reimbursements, and monitoring of expenditures, as directed.
1. Assists in advertising, scheduling and screening of applicants in the Applicant Tracking database (Position Manager).
2. All other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
3. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
4. Collaboration / Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
5. Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs
Less than 5%
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies and the Employee Handbook.
5. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
6. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of recent and related administrative experience or customer service experience required. Health care and/or Human Resources background, preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including mail-merge tools.