Punch Bowl Social is and always will be a place for people to come and be themselves. We’re all about connecting with people, being authentic, creating experiences that are unexpected and turning the everyday into the stuff of legends. In this magical place, hospitality and guest care are next level in a serious way. Here, guests are treated like rock stars and rock stars are treated like guests.
Our team is made up of creative, driven, smart, fun, responsible and mad talented people who wrote the book on being Team Players in a Big Way. Our industry is exciting because it’s constantly evolving and nowhere so fast and so much as Punch Bowl Social. We’ve got a lot of moving parts, we’re opening new locations all the time and the career opportunity here is off the charts.
The growth of our teams, neighborhoods and communities drives our commitment to continued development, and individual opportunity. So, if you’re looking for an awesome professional environment where you can grow, expand your expertise in running great restaurants and get the support you need to be an amazing manager- let’s talk.
The cool factor is high and so are our expectations. That’s why our packages are competitive and we offer:
A competitive salary
Career advancement opportunities
A chance to work with foodies and funhunters.
Here’s the 411 – we’re looking for someone who can:
• Showcase strategic leadership and communicate HR needs and plans to the executive management team while acting as a business advisor to the executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues. Establish and implement HR initiatives that support Punch Bowl Social’s mission and strategic vision. Coordinate HR policies and programs insuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as act as legal liaison.
• Demonstrate high-level leadership by overseeing career development, succession planning, retention, compensation and benefits, compliance, and safety. Must also partner with training and talent acquisition for leadership development. Work with the firm's executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession.
• Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct. Also manage day-to-day operation of the compliance program.
• Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
• Act as a legal liaison for all pending legal matters including assistance in discovery. Respond to EEOC/DOL or other government or state agencies as appropriate, create, prepare, generate and analyze reports for pertinent data to identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly.
Jet Set Opportunities
Approximately 15-25% of your time will be spent implementing strategic HR initiatives on the road.
Big Brains – Required Education and/or Experience
We’re looking for a minimum of 10 years of Human Resources experience with at least five years of executive level HR experience. At least 5 years of Multi-State/Multi-Unit HR experience in a related field. Bachelors in related field. Consideration will be given to an equivalent amount and mix of years of experience and education.
Specific knowledge and legal practice within California Labor Law
Strong leadership and presentation skills
Strong emotional intelligence and an interest-based, problem-solving approach.
Even Bigger Brains
MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field a plus
SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification is desired