CSU Global is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Human Resource Generalist to effectively support a broad range of human resource functions to include activities to support the university’s compliance with approved policies, employment law and regulations, and the personnel requirements for the State of Colorado. The position will regularly review HR documentation for completeness and compliance as well as provide departmental support for HR activities. Key tasks include onboarding, supporting all staff and faculty requests, HRIS administration, supporting payroll coordination, supporting HR policy updates and maintaining the HR inbox. The ideal candidate will have experience in HR functions, preferably in higher education working with faculty and staff. This position requires a general understanding of employment laws related to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEO, worker’s compensation and other relevant legislation. The successful candidate must have the ability to build relationships with all levels, and clearly communicate and interpret HR policies while maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations with solid judgment and discretion. This is a full time position, located in Aurora, Colorado with remote options available. The HR Generalist reports to the Senior Director, Finance & Institutional Integrity.
About Colorado State University Global:
Our Mission: Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Our Vision: CSU Global is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University Global (CSU Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Description/Performance Objectives:
● Process new hires and other employee status changes such as promotions, pay changes, and terminations, in the university’s HRIS.
● Administer all employee benefit programs including health plans, 401(a), disability, health savings, flexible spending, and wellness
● Updates HRIS for new enrollments, changes, terminations, and other life events
● Ensures data integrity in the system via regular audits of plans and deductions.
● Manage leave requests and accommodations including, but not limited to FMLA and ADA
● Verify that leave requests align with federal and state regulations
● Manage health care brokers and plans, including an annual evaluation and the identification of new brokers and plans, as appropriate.
● Manage the university’s annual open enrollment process
● Work with insurance brokers on the preparation (or revision) and distribution of benefit plan information
● Contributes to the design and implementation of performance evaluation systems and job descriptions that coordinate to the compensation structure and personnel requirements for the State of Colorado.
● Identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience.
● Provide guidance to supervisors on personnel issues, interpretation of personnel policies, and employment laws and regulations.
● Other duties as assigned
● Critical Thinking
● Problem Solving
● Organizational Skills
● Time Management
● Attention to Detail
● Strong Verbal and Written Communication
● Conflict Management
● Ability to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment
● Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader
● Systems Utilization – UltiPro
● Mission Focused: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, and support.
● Innovative Thinking: We identify solutions to facilitate student and CSU Global success through nontraditional industry methods and progressive solutions that are -effective, efficient, and innovative.
● Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions, for those of our department, and for our university as we strive to be amazing.
● Collaboration: We don't just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each other's contributions.
● Learning and Growth: We are a learning organization that is always evolving and is committed to continual improvement.
● Professionalism: We treat all others as we wish to be treated, and as we wish to be defined by others.
Experience & Education Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
● Minimum of 3-5 years HR experience
● Equivalent combination of education and experience
● In depth knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, Defined Contribution Plans and Tax Deferred Annuity Plans
● PHR or SHRM-CP Certification preferred
● State of CO HR certification required within first 6 months of employment
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews. All applications should be in Microsoft Word format.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
Starting salary is 55K and the hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MT. CSU Global offers employer contributions to medical, dental, group life, AD&D coverage, Wellness benefit and training & development opportunities. Additional employee-paid benefits are available for vision, FSA/HSA, voluntary life, and voluntary AD&D coverage, critical illness and accident insurance. CSU Global also offers a 401a retirement account with a generous employer match, 100% tuition assistance for CSU Global programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees), paid sick time, paid vacation time, 10 holidays per year and the potential to work remotely. CSU Global employees are state employees and have access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) resources. Discounted pet insurance is also available.
The successful candidate must pass a background check.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.