The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive:
· Conduct regular meetings with respective departments.
· Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
· Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR Manager to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Manage and resolve routine team member relations issues and escalated more complex issues to Manager. Advises managers, supervisors and team members on team member relations issues and disciplinary/grievance processes to ensure compliance with the rules, policies and procedures.
· Works in collaboration with other business partners to ensure consistency and a uniform HR presence.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required. Interprets and explains federal laws (Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action), City of Wheat Ridge Personnel Policies, and other human resources policies and procedures to supervisors and team members.
· Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
· Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnover, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality customer service.
· Develop processes for new hires, promotions, transfers.
· Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
· Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
· Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
· Maintain knowledge of strategic management principles and the strategic direction of the organization. Knowledge of business operations and alignment of HR services to support the operational needs.
· May be responsible for a specialized area of HR and serve as a subject matter expert for the City.
· May provide assistance and oversight to the recruitment process, ensuring compliance with current job outlines, policies, procedures, and governmental regulations; screen employment applications for consideration ensuring qualifications are met; participate in the interviewing portion of the selection process. Maintains database of applications and interacts with applicant tracking system.
· Assist with the development of job descriptions.
· Work on special and "on-going" projects as requested by supervisor.
· Process unemployment compensation claims, ensuring all reporting requirements are satisfied and are completed in a timely fashion; prepare material in response to appeals and represent the City by attending hearings as necessary.
· Analyze exit interview data to determine if there are current or potential problems; advise management of such, and recommend possible solutions.
· May lead and/or attend various committees as the representative for the Human Resources Department.