Full Time Professional Staff
|Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $41,200-$51,500.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
||Classroom to Career Initiatives
||Full Time Professional Staff
Within the Classroom to Career Hub, the Industry Partnerships team is responsible for developing and strengthening the opportunity network for MSU Denver students. Drawing from the CO Talent Pipeline Report, the Program Manager of Industry Partnerships will leverage opportunities for MSU Denver students by understanding the unique qualities, traits, and opportunities within a respective industry.
Each Program Manager for Industry Partnerships will serve as a career navigator and will be responsible for deep understanding of specific industry trends and the ways in which our students can acquire the skills, expertise, and career readiness to transition their student experience into meaningful careers. Additionally, the Program Manager works closely with local employers, MSU Denver faculty, staff, and students to ensure all are prepared for mutually beneficial and impactful experiential learning opportunities. This position develops internship and career development opportunities for students, meets with students to assist them in the process of readiness for these opportunities, and supports bridging that gap between student and employer.
Additionally, the Program Manager for Industry Partnerships is responsible for stewarding and leveraging a portfolio of prospective and current employers serving as the primary liaison. The Program Manager also participates in projects related to the promotion and development of the Classroom to Career Hub with a keen focus on post-graduation career outcomes including employment for current students and alumni.
As MSU Denver seeks to be the national leader in educating students for tomorrow’s careers, the University-Industry partnerships team is forward-thinking and ensures programs are aligned to Colorado workforce development trends. With an ambitious goal of engaging 100% of students in robust career planning in the next three years, the University is committed to creating services that are scaled, highly evaluated, and focused on the specific needs and interests of MSU Denver students. To that end, successful team members think critically about MSU Denver student demographics and their respective career planning.
University-Industry Partnerships (50%)
• Collaborate with current and prospective employers to understand their unique opportunities to engage with MSU Denver.
• Work with respective faculty members to connect and foster relationships with industry partners.
• Engage employers in developing a talent recruitment strategy that includes diversity, equity, and inclusion, position management, recruiting programs and events.
• Work closely with employers to build and strengthen internship programs.
• Partner with industry to develop student career readiness activities including classroom visits, mentoring, and panel discussions.
• Identify areas of engagement related to upskilling industry professionals.
• Cultivate a deep understanding of industry areas within Colorado and according to CO talent pipeline needs.
• Manage a portfolio of high-profile employers aligned to MSU Denver’s employer engagement strategy. Develop and manage programs aligned to shared student development and recruitment outcomes.
Student Career Readiness (30%)
• Support career readiness programs for students by bringing industry context to career planning.
• Provide industry-specific knowledge and strengthen opportunity network within respective workforce sectors.
• Develop key partnerships with faculty to bolster skills learned in the classroom and connect to applied learning within industry opportunities.
• Partner with academic departments and faculty to promote and encourage student participation in experiential learning opportunities.
Assessment and Reporting (20%)
• Develop and track success measures in regards to student participation and industry partner engagement.
• Ensure reporting data in Career Link is accurate and comprehensive including contact notes for students and employers.
• Develop and maintain depth of understanding of respective industry trends.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working within the science, technology, or engineering industry.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain professional relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects or tasks while adapting to changing priorities.
• Experience with college recruiting, building campus relationships or related university experience.
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management platforms such as Salesforce, Handshake, or Symplicity.
• Experience working with diverse, urban and non-traditional teams, customers, or clients.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Client or Employer relations experience
|To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
|Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
|Talent Team Representative
|Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).