The U.S. Center for SafeSport is a non-profit focused on ending all forms of abuse in sport. We endeavor to make athlete well-being the centerpiece of the nation’s sports culture through abuse prevention, education, and accountability.
The Intake Administrator is responsible for completing Initial Intake for all incoming reports to establish personal and subject matter jurisdiction as part of the Center’s Response & Resolution process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely review all incoming incident reports, collecting all necessary information to establish whether the Center can assert personal and subject matter jurisdiction over reported concerns
- Request and obtain Participant records and information from the relevant National Governing Bodies (NGBs), High Performance Management Organizations (HPMOs), or the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) for all parties identified in assigned incident reports
- Obtain additional information from third-party reporters and other identified sources of information as necessary to complete the Initial Intake process
- Collect and organize pertinent information in order to establish the Center’s personal and subject matter jurisdiction
- Ensure that all information regarding a matter is timely and properly entered into the Center’s Case Management System (CMS)
- Assess all assigned incident reports to determine if mandatory reports to law enforcement are required; immediately complete any necessary mandatory reports in accordance with the Center’s Mandatory Reporting Policy, ensuring that all documentation related to the report is timely entered into the Center’s CMS
- Evaluate allegations from assigned reports for severity, ensure the severity rating is entered into the CMS, and inform Intake leadership of the potential need for temporary measures
- Ensure all known reporting parties receive contact from the Center within 48 hours of the Center’s receipt of the incident report
- Prepare and send all relevant Notices and communications to involved parties and NGBs, in accordance with Response & Resolution policies
- Assign cases to the appropriate Intake Coordinator in the Center’s CMS
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, and evolving environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and an emphasis on thoroughness and accuracy
- Experience working with a case management system, specifically one designed around administrative investigations and processing allegations of misconduct
- Working knowledge and competency with all applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Specific experience conducting Intake functions within a Response & Resolution Office or similar environment
- Specific experience conducting initial inquiry into allegations of misconduct, particularly those involving sexual misconduct and/or child abuse; with demonstrable experience keeping detailed and accurate notes/files
Work Requirements & Environment
- Standard Office Equipment
- Office environment in a multi-story, dog-friendly building
- Some night and weekend work hours
This position can be either at the U.S. Center for SafeSport headquarters in Denver, CO, or at a suitable remote location, at the Center’s discretion.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Benefits include PTO for vacation, sick and holidays; health care, vision and dental options; employer paid life and disability policies; 401k savings match.
Visit our website to submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary Requirements: https://safesport.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=58
Pursuant to the U.S. Center for SafeSport policy, no applicant shall be considered within two (2) years of employment and/or board service of the USOPC or National Governing Body.
US Center for SafeSport is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.