Together Carbonite and Webroot form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit and our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
This role has minimum compensation of $88,498 USD.
The SMB/C business unit of OpenText is looking for an Internal Communications Manager to help tell the SMB/C story to internal audiences. The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and executing internal and executive communications and employee engagement strategies to inform, engage and inspire our community of employees. This is a highly visible role and one that will enable you to make a tangible impact! The position will collaborate across the entire marketing function. You will join a team of rock stars who handle internal communications, executive communications, issues management, public relations, social media, Webroot and Carbonite blogs and online communities. You will also provide social media support, working in conjunction with our social media manager. There will never be a lack of opportunity to learn, write, create and collaborate.
You will develop and execute the strategy for how we communicate our key priorities, serve as the organization’s internal communications advisor, and work with the Senior Director of SMB/C Corp Comms to craft internal and external executive communications. The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues alike and will consistently deliver high-quality work, even under time constraints. Candidates should be strategic, skillful writers, strong communicators, and creative thinkers. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and excellent organization are critical.
You Are Great At
- Developing internal communications, employee engagement, and executive visibility plans to deliver on business objectives.
- Proactively identifying new opportunities and developing new programs to continually up-level our internal and communications.
- Developing key messages, all-employee communications, executive presentations, digital content and internal storytelling content.
- Closely partnering with other internal and external communications teams to align on opportunities
- Measuring communications effectiveness; collecting feedback and ideas for improved communications and using those to inform the next iteration of the communications strategic program
What It Takes
- 6+ years communications experience
- Proven success building and implementing communication strategies for executives.
- Experience writing for a global audience with multiple types of audiences and channels
- Ability to fluidly navigate between strategy and execution (can develop high-level strategic plans and also produce crisp, clear communications).
- Experience working cross-functionally and communicating to all levels of the organization
- Experience writing and turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and experience working in a fast-paced environment
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.