DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We have an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Internal Communications Manager to advance our company narrative and drive team member engagement. The role will help develop and promote key cultural and strategic messaging, and work closely with senior leadership to drive and evangelize the goals and beliefs of the company. A person in this role will need to have a high degree of professionalism and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable to change and can balance and appreciate the needs for proficiency, accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness. The ideal candidate will have experience in producing content for video, Intranets, presentations, speeches, social media, and more.
Responsibilities will include:
- Compose internal communications plans and contribute to the plan development process; develop strategies that creatively leverage communication platforms and concepts for internal clients, including key business unit leaders.
- Develop internal communications strategy documents, goals, and measurement targets that require minimal input from senior team leadership.
- Monitor traditional internal communication outlets, survey responses, and social media outlets for key themes and items that need to be addressed either locally or nationally with our team members.
- Write engaging copy for use in company news, executive emails and speeches, video scripts, social media posts, all-company and department meetings.
- Create internal materials for mass consumption in AP style that are aligned with the strategic direction set by team leadership; ability to actively listen, see the “bigger picture,” and write with an appreciation for varying voices, styles and outlets.
- Project management of key communication initiatives such as messaging campaigns, Intranet strategies, speaking events, company cultural events, etc.
Skills – Experience and Requirements
Required experience for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- 7-10 years of communications experience working with large, diversified workforce and senior leadership
- Expert level writing, editing and proofreading experience
- Proficiency in numerous traditional messaging media (presentations, speeches, video, social digital platforms, etc.)
- Local travel within the Denver-metro area
- Up to 20% domestic travel outside of the Denver-metro area; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet time-sensitive deadlines