Summary: Internal Communications Specialist
Develops, implements, and manages internal communications plans and activities for the organization.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
- Informs employees of organizational developments and staff accomplishments through written and verbal communications.
- Supports and develops methods of internal communication with staff and leaders including building and posting stories on UCHealth's intranet and external internet.
- Serves as a liaison to leadership and other client areas.
- Conducts research for project development.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Required Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of internal communications or public relations experience
- Crisis communication experience
- Advanced writing and copy editing skills for newsletters, emails or other collateral materials according to AP Style
- Able to translate complex topics into understandable content for busy audiences of various reading and comprehension levels
- Strategic thinker able to create detailed and creative communication plans to reach targeted audiences
- Some graphic design experience including basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.