About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Full Time IT Systems Administrator in our IT Department! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
This position delivers reliable innovative technology to enhance the Denver Botanic Gardens mission of connecting people with plants. It is part of a highly innovative team in an entrepreneurial environment that provides service to all departments of a non-profit garden and museum serving the public.
The IT Systems Administrator proactively manages and continuously improves a modern collection of advanced servers, network devices, storage arrays, operating systems, and enterprise applications – ensuring secure availability of transformational technology benefitting Gardens staff and visitors.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all operating systems and software applications.
- Manages networking communications systems and workstation connectivity.
- Provides database administration and data interoperability.
- Ensures integrity and security of enterprise computing.
- Manages technical assets, including servers, firewalls, network switches, workstations, printers, etc.
- Anticipates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware and software issues – escalating as necessary.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, related documentation, and technical specifications
- Analyzes system, server, application, and network performance.
- Implements planned software and hardware improvements, upgrades, security patches, reconfigurations, and new purchases.
- Responds promptly to service requests and technology incidents that impact business operations.
- Coordinates with vendors, contractors, and technical support partners.
- Manages user accounts, permissions, and storage allocations.
- Performs network and security audits.
- Performs and tests system backups and restores.
- Collaborates constantly with DBG-IT teammates.
- Leads and contributes to various DBG-IT projects.
- Develops policies, procedures, and documentation for system administration and workstation usage.
- Researches emerging products, services, and standards in support of continuous systems improvement.
- Participates in capacity planning and long-term strategic goals for DBG systems and software.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required. As with all positions at the Gardens, the incumbent must be in good performance standing to be eligible for remote work. Remote work is at the discretion of management at all times.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have proven excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills in dealing with the public and supporting DBG staff
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and able to deal well with stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary, throughout the day.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, occasionally including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of networking systems, server configurations, and various software applications
- Working technical knowledge of network, server, and workstation operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems security and information security best practices
- Hands-on experience with software and hardware troubleshooting
- Must be self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Must work well with others in a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a positive representative of DBG both internally and externally at all times.
- Must work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Bachelors degree and/or combination of education and equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technology support is required.
- Recognized technical certifications, such as Microsoft Technology Associate or CompTIA A+ are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience supporting an innovative multi-departmental organization
Up to 10% travel required. Requires the ability to travel to remote locations (other Garden locations) where environment may vary significantly.
· Effective immediately, Denver Botanic Gardens will require new employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or request a variance for medical or religious reasons (please contact Human Resources for the necessary forms if you wish to apply for an exemption). Please provide proof of your vaccination to orientation.
Denver Botanic Gardens has an incredible benefits package for eligible employees!
Our major benefits include a choice of Medical Plans, a Dental and Vision Plan and Life Insurance Plan. We have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a Healthcare Spending Account (HSA).
The Gardens offers a generous Retirement Savings Plan with Company contribution of 6% after one year of service for eligible participants.
The Gardens also offers paid holidays, vacation, sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an RTD ECO pass.
For eligible employees, The Gardens employment also includes a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens Membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
Come work for a place that offers you SO much more than just a paycheck!
HOW TO APPLY
To Apply Click Here: Career Opportunities | Denver Botanic Gardens