DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for highly strategic, extremely motivated, exceptionally creative copywriter with a passion for social media to help shape and tell our story through the eyes of executive leadership team on our social platforms. The key to the role will be to work hand-in-hand with our visual team to imagine and capture events and daily moments in our business in a way that enhances the company and employment brands. We are looking for someone with flexibility and adaptability to produce outstanding social media content that engages customers, prospective customers, employees and other key stakeholders. This position is part of our Corporate Communications department at DISH and will aid us in our mission to be a best-in-class department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent voice for each social media account.
- Creating and developing content ideas with the larger team.
- Project managing and coordinating of visual assets to accompany copy.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and implementing digital content strategy with the goal of increasing engagement and follower growth of social media platforms.
- Ability and flexibility to work on short notice with quick turnaround times.
- Proofreading copy for accuracy and ensuring style guidelines are met.
Skills – Experience and Requirements
Required experience for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, digital media or a related field; 3-5 years of writing experience in a marketing agency or within a corporate advertising/creative department with a track record for reliability and dependability.
- Professional experience in developing assets for social media platforms to include: Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- A solid understanding of marketing, media and technology along with proven leadership skills, a strategic mindset, a passion for innovation and agile responsiveness.
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking; knowledge of Microsoft Word is a must. Strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and communication skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time and excellent organizational and time management skills. Awareness/Savvy of cultural trends to make sure the messages you produce are relevant and appropriate.
- A creative, curious nature is key, as well as the ability to think in visual terms.
- Flexibility needed to work occasional nights, weekends, and holidays