The Life Enrichment/Senior Center Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of the meal program and life enrichment activities at Sunset Park Senior Center. Responsible for the planning, development, service delivery and evaluation of all programs and services for the clients including volunteer coordination, client support/enrichment and meal service. Supervises the Senior Workers, in-house/community volunteers and the Music Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise and maintain a corps of Senior Worker(s), in-house/community volunteers and external volunteers to ensure that they are following company policy including food handling and cleanliness standards.
• Accurately prepare records on participants, volunteers, donations, and services provided as required by funders and Volunteers of America programming. Submit reports within deadline requirements.
• Be familiar with dining center policies and procedures as set in place by Volunteers of America’s Seniors’ Nutrition Program to ensure programing runs in compliance with stated policy and procedures. Be in contact with the Seniors’ Nutrition Program Project Manager with any questions or concerns regarding policy and procedure. Achieve a minimum level of participant contributions established for the dining center meals and maintain accurate accounting of monies donated in accordance with established donation procedures.
• Projects a positive image and foster good relationships within Volunteers of America Colorado Branch staff and with participants, volunteers and the general public. Creates a welcoming and stimulating environment for all participants.
• Oversees and implements meaningful multidimensional activities appropriate to the individual needs and interests of the participants at each community. Collaborate with Volunteers Services and RSVP to implement meaningful use of volunteers.
• Coordinates, purchases inventories and maintains supplies and equipment needed.
• Provides a minimum of four weekend or evening special programs, parties, speakers, RTD Senior Ride trips, beyond the ongoing monthly programs.
• Produce and distribute a monthly newsletter, calendar of events, flyers, announcements for special events and submit appropriate information to the neighborhood newspapers to generate publicity.
• Accurately prepare records/reports as required by funders.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• High school diploma or its equivalent and one-year administrative/clerical office experience.
• Minimum of 2 years in volunteer administration.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Associate’s degree in gerontology, nutrition, related human services field or equivalent relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with tact and diplomacy shown in dealing with clients, co-workers, other service providers, and the general public.
• Ability to plan and organize time in a productive manner.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Willingness to receive CPR and First Aid training within six (6) months of hire.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Carrying, lifting and standing 80% of the day
• Some travel may be required.
• Bending, Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Crouching, Squatting, Lifting (30 to 50 pounds), Balancing, Standing, Sitting, Hand/Foot motions, Walking, Seeing (Close and distant vision, Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Assess, Estimate), Depth Perception, Hearing/Listening, Speaking/Shouting (Communicate, Discern, Convey, Express, Exchange), Use of Hands/Fingers (Grasping, Holding, Touching), Thinking, Calculating, Memory/Recall, Exposure to Indoor and Outdoor environments.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, with the requirement to flex-time at least 4 times per month to administer weekend and evening activities.
• Sunset Park Senior Center, 1865 Larimer Street Denver, CO 80202
Salary: $16.39 per hour.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton