Manager, Corporate Affairs
The Manager represents a multi-state, geographic region. This role will focus on state and local government, legislative and regulatory issues. The position requires approximately 25-30% travel and is field/home-based and can reside within major state capital cities in the Western states' region. The Manager will report to the VP, Corporate Affairs.
- Influences and actively participates in the development of state government legislation and regulations affecting company’s business interests.
- Analyzes the state policy landscape in an effort to remain in front of emerging policy issues to enable the company to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate possible threats that could impact business decisions.
- Develop a proactive legislative agenda to create new policy frameworks to support our business.
- Advances the company’s commercial success by preventing enactment of new state laws that could negatively impact our business.
- Communicates approved company positions to the state legislature, administration, and their staffs to minimize risk and maximize opportunities.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with policy makers and their staff to maximize opportunities to advance favorable policy initiative.
- Serves as the point of contact between the company and key state agencies, quasi-governmental organizations, and other policy groups to advance state policies that support the company’s business objectives.
- Establishes alliances with retail and gig industry associations or other groups as appropriate to further state legislative and regulatory interests.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with external partners, including regional trade associations and coalitions to advance policy positions and to support gathering of early intelligence and information on emerging policy issues.
- Serves as an “early warning system” to stakeholders inside the company on important state policy trends.
- Collaborates with the internal government affairs policy staff to identify emerging issues and determine how to advance legislative and policy interests in the states.
- Undergraduate degree required, Graduate degree (MBA, MPA, JD) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years government affairs/community affairs experience required.
- Experience in retail or alcohol beverage industry, helpful.
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 150+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.