Join the VF Family
We are one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by all of our global associates across brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
We believe that when you discover the difference between a career and a calling, you get so much more out of life. When those lines begin to blur, you start to limit yourself much less and start aiming for more. That’s what we want for everyone who joins us at VF. And frankly, that’s what it takes to thrive here.
Here you can do the best work of your life. We are purpose led and performance driven, people-focused and supportive. Most importantly, we believe that everyone should be empowered to be their authentic self and we power an internal movement of inclusion and belonging. Our teams are built on a global mindset, sparked by sharp minds of diverse individuals and reflects the global consumers we serve.
Bring your energy and fresh perspective, contribute to our movement and build your future with us.
As of October 18, 2021, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information provided during the recruitment process.
Manager, HR Communications
As a member of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs team, you’ll work with the Senior Director of HR Communications to develop, manage, and execute HR communication strategies and materials across the enterprise. You’ll work closely with key HR stakeholders including Total Rewards, Performance Management, Talent Management and Performance Development, Change Management and local engagement teams.
How You Will Make a Difference
Years of Related Professional Experience:
Educational Position Requirements:
What we expect you already know:
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage both mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF” to learn more.
We just have one question. Are you in?
$82,080.00 USD – $123,120.00 USD annually
Annual Incentive Eligibility:
This position is eligible to participate in VF's Annual Incentive Plan. Incentive Plan awards are contingent upon (1) achievement of your individual objectives and (2) VF achieving its' Corporate and business level financial objectives.
Long Term Incentive Eligibility:
This position is not eligible for long term incentive.
Benefits at VF:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and clicking, Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during your onboarding process.
- You translate complex HR material into clear and relevant content that is consistent with our brand positioning
- You communicate HR content around performance management, total rewards programs, talent content and other key HR initiatives, with a storyteller’s mindset and leverage the right media and channels to connect with associates.
- You write for the medium web, email, print, audio, video, etc.
- You create and implement HR communications and strategies with key HR business partners, advising them on style, usability and web content best practices.
- You organize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail and follow through.
- You stay current on best practices as well as emerging trends in employee/HR communications and incorporate them into programs as needed.
- Measure communication effectiveness using digital metrics and analytics and use that date to inform and develop your communication strategy and plans.
- Partner with Senior Director, Human Resources Communication on content strategy, implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in HR communications including writing/editing, project management (including creative) and proofreading
- You have worked in a HR communications consulting or HR communications in a corporate environment, mandatory. You are knowledgeable about the HR function as well as HR processes and programs.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills (AP Style experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, communications, marketing or related field, preferred. Equivalent combination of education and years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- You are a very strong communicator who can move quickly and meet tight deadlines
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing and proofreading
- You have successfully managed complex projects.
- Your comfortable using metrics to influence strategy.
- You work independently but also leverage your communication peers when needed.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Will require less than 10% travel.