- Department Information
The mission of the Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) is to drive traveler spending through promotion and development of compelling, sustainable travel experiences throughout our four-corner state. The CTO promotes Colorado to travelers through domestic and international marketing, public relations, social media, the Official State Vacation Guide and colorado.com and provides traveler services at Colorado Welcome Centers. The CTO collaborates with destination marketing organizations, local communities, industry associations, government agencies and private businesses both to market Colorado to travelers and support development of new travel opportunities. The CTO is focused on a vision to position Colorado as the premier U.S. destination for active, outdoor and unique experiences that make you feel truly alive. The FY20 budget is $20.2 million.
- Description of Job
The Manager of Industry Partnerships serves as the CTO's main point of contact for the Colorado tourism industry; develops resources to assist industry partners in connecting with CTO programs, including industry toolkits and the CTO Resource Guide; serves as the industry liaison for office-wide initiatives, including the Colorado Concierge program and the Colorado Tourism Leadership Journey; and manages major industry events, including the annual Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference and National Travel and Tourism Week.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Industry Partner Liaison
- Serves as the CTO's first point of contact for industry engagement in CTO initiatives.
- Working CTO team members and vendor partners, manages content and development for the CTO's website for industry partners.
- Develops resources for industry partners, including guides and toolkits providing guidance for connecting with CTO programs and initiatives.
- Manages engagement with tourism industry partners, including development of team familiarization trips.
- Develops and manages reporting dashboard tracking impact of industry programs, including Colorado Tourism Leadership Journey, Colorado Concierge, and other CTO programs.
- Manages CTO participation in events coordinated by partner organizations, including other state agencies.
- Manages industry communications as needed.
- Other duties as requested/required by CTO Deputy Director and Director.
Leadership Program Development and Support
- With input and guidance from the CTO Director, CTO Deputy Director and the CTO Leadership Committee, works with leadership consultants to develop program, policy and experiences for the CTO's yearlong executive training program, the Colorado Tourism Leadership Journey.
- Manages development and oversight of an annual action plan and budget for the Leadership Program, with regular reporting to Deputy Director, Fiscal/Operations Senior Manager and Leadership Committee.
- Manages scholarship program for participants judged deserving of full or partial financial support.
- Manages scheduling, communications, agendas, orientation and reimbursement as needed for Leadership Committee and the Leadership Alumni Sub-committee.
- Collaborates with leadership consultants on recruitment of program participants, including program promotion, application process, selection of candidates, recruitment of mentors, ordering of materials and shaping program experiences.
- Serves on selection panel for annual participants.
- Manages operation of CTO's training platform for frontline workers.
- Develops and manages a plan to increase use of training platform by businesses and frontline workers.
- Manages development of new content, including additional statewide modules as well as mini-modules supported by partner investment.
- Develops and manages a rewards and recognition program for business and participants.
Annual Colorado Governor's Tourism Conference
- In coordination with CTO Director and Deputy Director, create a work plan for the annual conference.
- Manages execution of conference work plan with support of contractual conference planner.
- Manages conference contracts.
- Manages conference scholarship programs, including programs for first-time attendees and for students.
- Manages outreach, selection process and recognition for Governor's Conference awards program.
National Travel & Tourism Week
- In collaboration with CTO Communications Manager, manages and develops plan for CTO engagement in National Travel & Tourism Week.
- Manages outreach and engagement of industry partners, if required.
- In collaboration with the CTO Communications Manager, manages solicitation of nominees, selection and recognition of honorees for the Frontline Tourism Worker Awards.
CTO Event Sponsorships
- In communication with CTO Director and Deputy Director, manages response to inquiries for CTO major event sponsorships.
- Manages award notification and fulfillment of requirements for recipients.
- Strategic Planning – Makes decisions and deploys resources in alignment with the office's strategic priorities.
- Negotiation & Issue Resolution – Openly manages conflict and disagreement through collaborative discussion to reach positive conclusions; arrives at constructive solutions whiles maintaining positive working relationships; seeks win-win situations; diplomatically explores common and opposing options to reach mutually acceptable positive solutions.
- Communication – Is understood and understands others; clearly articulates key points when writing and speaking; actively listens; effectively interprets non-verbal communication and truly hears what a wide variety of people are trying to say; accurately assesses personal styles and adjusts own style of communication to optimize personal effectiveness.
- Results Driven – Drives for successful results; makes things happen and conveys sense of urgency; sets aggressive goals and works hard to achieve these goals; move tasks and assignments toward closure; invests considerable effort to assure goals are met in a high-quality manner.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
This position requires a self-starter who is outgoing, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude plus good judgment. Candidates should have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; strong oral and written communications skills; problem solving acumen; and demonstrate personal integrity, confidence, diplomacy as well as flexibility. Excellent proficiency in Google Apps and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Hospitality or Tourism degree, general education degree and/or 3 years of related experience in administrative roles with increasing responsibilities.
- Supplemental Information
A complete application packet must include:
- A cover letter and resume must be submitted.
- Your cover letter that describes how your experience aligns with the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position.
The Selection Process:
- All application packets that are received by the closing of this announcement will be reviewed against the Minimum Qualifications in this announcement. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications proceed to the next step.
- Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees are hired and promoted based on merit and fitness through a comparative analysis process.
- Part of, or all of, the comparative analysis for this position may be a structured application packet review, which involves a review of the information you submit in your application materials by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) against the preferred qualifications.
- A top group will be invited to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.
You must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be appointed to this position. Office of the Governor does not sponsor non-residents of the United States.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references in one document to The Office of Economic Development and International Trade by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Manager of Industry Partnerships " by February 21, 2020. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of each resume and are unable to give status updates. If a strong match is found between your qualifications and the requirements of the position, a member of the recruiting staff will contact you to further discuss the career opportunity.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Michelle Hunter at email@example.com at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.